z

Young Writers Society

"Hot Guys" and "Hot Girls" threads

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:28 pm
nickelpickle says...

First of all, an apology from me. I've been away for a couple days and wasn't here to see what my thread started. I wasn't thinking when I posted it and was not meaning to lower anyone's self esteem. That was not in any way my intention, only to open a thread of discussion.

I do appreciate your statement that you will not censor it, Gal. I understand everyone's views on the subject and although looking at pictures does not lower my self esteem, I understand that it may to others. Personally, I agree with Incandesence (sp?). I think that if you don't want to see it, don't look at it. But my goal in posting was not to start arguments. This is a writing society, and these threads do not neccesarily have a place here. Personally, I think that there is nothing wrong with threads like these. I do understand completly that it may be offending or demoralizing. Therefore, Gal, if you want to, I would fully support you if you removed my thread (not that you need the support) provided you or others are offended by it.

Again, apologies.

Nicole
Last edited by nickelpickle on Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
"There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around."

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:43 pm
DarkerSarah says...

I didn't miss the point, Crysi, I was being sarcastic. It was my way of disagreeing without going into a debate about it.
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:38 am
Crysi says...

Well, the situations weren't even related. And next time you answer something posted on another page, please quote. It really does help all of us understand what the hell you're talking about.
Love and Light

148 Reviews

Reviews: 148
Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:59 am
ohhewwo says...

Galatea wrote:Yes, I would rather have girls masturbating to images of "hot" guys rather than going out and getting pregnant...but why? Why do you have to look at guys to initiate self-love? If you put your energy into worshiping your own body, you will find the experience much more enjoyable. There many ways to satisfy sexual urges. Only one of them involves intercourse...with a man. When you love your body totally, you can grow to be less ashamed of it, less willing to hide it under clothing and makeup and 'lust' for boys. Technically, we need men for one reason. Procreation. Not that I advocate such an extremist opinion, but to assume you need a man to satisfy your sexual desires is absolutly ludacris.

Well, no, a woman does not need a man to satisfy her sexual desires, but, if one were to approach sex as what it should really be, an act of physical love, then, yes, a woman would need a man to satisfy her sexual desires, and a man would need a woman (or, of course a woman may need a woman, or a man a man, if that were the case). Of course, as love is primarily, an emotional aspect, masturbation could still be an act of love, if ones lover is in mind. Maybe. Sort of. A little less so. ...

Now, me being very inexperienced in sex, and much less so in love, I may not understand the naivety of my words, but, I just felt like putting in my two cents.
"The only difference between me and a mad man is that I am not mad."
-Salvador Dali, surrealist

The wince that you wince when you see your quote in the quote generator is quite a wince, I tell ya. To know that the whole YWS community has read and judged your quote is quite an awkward feeling like oh noes. *manly blush*
— Arcticus