Well, I'm back! XD For those who don't know me, I'm Sarah! Anyway, down to business. My all time favourite book is Coraline by Neil Gaiman. The funny thing is I didn't even know this until a few days ago. I find it really interesting, not to metion unique! What's yours?!
"We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." ― Dr. Seuss
Welcome back! I'm also a Neil Gaiman fan. I didn't have a favorite book until I read American Gods. I've since reread it twice, and each time I feel like I get something new out of it.
Some close seconds would be Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. I read that and had to start tearing into the Discworld series. It'd be tough to pick a favorite from those, but I'm partial to "Mort" and other Death-centered ones.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci
Ohmigosh, are we ,like, building a Gaiman circle here in the thread? I'm a Neil Gaiman fanatic, too! Like, I've read most of his works just for the sake of my adoration for his work. American Gods and Coraline (although a novella) really rock. But Good Omens is his work which belong to my heart.
In retrospect, though, I can't give my favorite book, but like Good Omens as mentioned above, I do love many. This includes Wicked by Gregory Maguire, Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum and a lot more, especially classics and 20th century works.
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, Damned and Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk, and of course the Harry Potter series.
"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known..." A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens.
I actually love Darren Shan. I've read his Cirque Du Freak & Demonata Series! He really is an amazing author & he was the first one to inspire me to write my own stories! ^-^
I really, really love Darren Shan, too! I really love another of his books, The Thin Executioner. It was a great, wonderful, really scary and freaky book!
I love anime: Prince of Tennis, Soul Eater, + Vampire Knight I love bands: The Killers, Linkin Park, Of Monsters and Men, + Imagine Dragons I love book series: Maximum Ride Series, Vampire Academy, + the Mortal Instruments I love blue and the sky.
I only know that learning to believe in the power of my own words has been the most freeing experience of my life. It has brought me the most light. And isn't that what a poem is? A lantern glowing in the dark. — Elizabeth Acevedo, The Poet X