I'm just starting The Giver in literature class. I've heard mixed things about this book. I just wanted some feedback from people who've read it. Don't give anything away though!
I also read it in class and found it to be a solid book. Lois Lowry knows a lot about human nature.
You said not to give anything away, so I won't. I just say that Jonas is in for a lot of trouble. And that after you finish this one, try reading Gossamer.
I read it in my English class, and I found it almost unadventurous and stale. I would not suggest reading it, but I don't wish to be so negative! The best suggestions come from a person on the pro and a person on the con...and I am the con!
It wasn't fantastic, and not as great as people said it would be. But each to their own.
I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good... then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor - such is my idea of happiness. — Leo Tolstoy