Young Writers Society

Gone, but not Forgotten

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:57 pm
telle_04 says...

~~~~~
another murder-mystery!

"one by one, the women disappeared. the only clues left were a black rose and a single note, written 'Gone, but not Forgotten'..

the signature of the most skilled killer of all.."

~~~~~
i like the story because it starts in the present, then shifts back in the past, and then back to the present. it may engross some, because of its sensitive parts, but keep in mind that this is a work of fiction.

the main character is an attorney named Betsy, who needs to defend a businessman, Martin Darius because there were bodies found in one of his construction sites. the setting is in Oregon, and women are disappearing, then their bodies are found. they are disemboweled.

nine years ago, same incidents happened, and a Peter Lake was named as the suspect. Nancy Gordon, a policewoman tried to work things out, but the police confirmed a teenager as a suspect after the body of a young woman was found in his basement. only Nancy believed that Lake is the real killer, and her thoughts were true.

she convinced the other people, but Lake was never jailed because he was given a pardon in exchange of the exact location where he keeps the missing women. the police, and even the governor, agreed.

now, it turns out that Lake and Darius is the same person, but this time there is a new killer. no one knew that the killer in Oregon and the killer nine years ago were different people. Darius is being framed up. who? by Samantha Reardon, one of the women who escaped his hands.

and now, it's up to Betsy to struggle between a broken marriage, a six-year old daughter, work, and handling Darius's case. but how?

~~~~~
just read the book and find out. (i dont want to spoil the fun..!)
You've got the key to my heart..but have you forgotten about a duplicate?
Sorry. I've already given it to someone else.

u can't have villains exist just 2 b villains
— ShadowVyper