z

Young Writers Society

Ted Dekker

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:04 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Ted Dekker is a thriller/suspense writer and a bestselling author. Has anybody read anything by him? What do you think?

Personally, he's one of my favorite writers. I slept with my light on after reading Thr3e. *shiver* And I cried reading the Circle Trilogy. And I laughed a lot reading Blink...seriously, this man is the most versatile author ever.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:04 pm
Stori says...

I read Saint. It was... interesting, to say the least.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:07 am
thefireinmeisJC says...

Ted Dekker is ok. I don't know if you know but he writes Christian fiction. So, I like him as an author because of that but when I read um...what was it called?.....ah yes, Chosen,...it was ok in the beginning but got boring in the end (I didn't finish it though, that should be changed to "got boring in the middle"). He didn't create enough suspense for me. But since, thats the only book of his that I've read, the other ones are probably different.
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:09 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Yeah, I know he writes Christian fiction. :) I don't know, maybe I'm just a sucker for plot twists. I haven't read Chosen. I think his oldest books are probably his best. They've gotten a little sloppier recently.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

Every really new idea looks crazy at first.
— Alfred North Whitehead