z

Young Writers Society

Speak

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:35 am
frenchpastry says...

I saw the movie, and am still looking for the book. The entire plot was powerful. I absolutely loved it. It's one of my favourites. If you haven't seen the movie, you have to. The actress who plays Melinda is brilliant. She pulls of the character well.
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." ^_^

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:03 pm
Alainna says...

I've been trying to find a copy of 'Speak' for ages but nowhere seems to have it.

I shall ransack all my libraries.......

Alainna
xxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:03 pm
Gadi. says...

I read it too. I don't remember much of it, but it kind of showed the emo side but really connecting us with the girl. It was really weird, the book was like a magnet to me. I read another book like it, it's called "Innocence", which I liked better. It's much darker, but much more descriptive, provacotive, and shocking.
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:18 pm
Esmé says...

No, I haven't read it. *Sighs* And there is a movie?

Anyway, I am getting my father to buy it for me, so it will be read soon. I have read dozens of them, stumbled upon major spoilers, but still want to read it.

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:57 pm
LunaBuna43 says...

It was good. I favored it more than other books. They have a movie for it to I believe but it is nowhere as near as good as the actual book.

*cough*
"When other girls wanted to be Ballerinas, I kind of wanted to be a Vampire." ~Me
My first puppers Pikapet
My second puppers Pikapet
Check out my new group! Roleplayers Unite!

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri May 02, 2008 12:18 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Just finished it last night! I loved the movie before I loved the book, but I hate going through life after watching an adaptation but never reading the original. So I read it, and loved it, and it's definitely on my favorites list. :D
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

Reviews: 2
Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:07 pm
Thais says...

We read Speak this year for English. It was a real nice read after all the other books we read before. It's a good book to just sit back and read.

My teacher didn't want to show the movie. Is it any good? I've heard both ways.

For our finals papers, we had many options where we could write about her journey in the book and such. It's also a really good book for freshman to read, I'm glad they had us read it. ^^

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:14 pm
BellaLuna says...

I loved Speak. The book and the movie were both fantastic; it's such an emotional, powerful story. I love how the author was able to write about a really serious subject but still add some humor here and there. Definately ranks as one of my top ten favorite books.

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:30 pm
October Girl says...

ah Kristen Stewart is so amazing she's the girl who's going to play Bella in Twilight. Ah I love speak it is very powerful!!!
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

Remember when dad's shoulders were the highest place on earth and your mom was your hero? Race issues were about who ran the fastest, war was only a car game. The most pain you felt was when you skinned your knees, and good byes only meant tomorrow? And we couldn't wait to grow up.
— Unknown