z

Young Writers Society

Story Time

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:49 am
Monki says...

Is he a new author or what? Anyone read this book? I think it was spectacular. Okay, so I didn't think it was that good. It was well-written and a good read, but it was like, okay a really bad school that serves protein shakes. Okay. It's like, a nightmare school, but I mean really. I was ready for a big scare. There were a few deaths, this mute lady that scared the crap out of me because she was like a crazy-killer-mute lady, and some kids that planned to revolt.

Any opinions?
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:42 pm
Leja says...

What is the title and who is the author?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:47 pm
Emerson says...

Story Time by Edward Bloor?

As Leja pointed out, it is best to include the title of the book and the author you are talking about, or no one has any idea. ^^
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

99 Reviews

Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:49 am
Monki says...

It's... in the subject and topic description... But, it's Story Time by Edward Bloor.
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:11 am
Pickle810 says...

I read that book about two years ago, couldn't decide whether I hated it or loved it, and still haven't made up my mind. It's just creepy enough to be disturbing, but not enough to be chilling, strange enough to be funny but mildly perverted in most senses of the world. The one thing I really hated was how in all Bloor's books, things work out perfectly in the end, at least for the MCs.

I thought the whole idea was crazy, appealing, and horrible. Don't ask how my mind can go in three different opinions at once, okay? Well, that's all I got to say.
me: why can we kill for Jesus and not Muhammed?
my best friend: because Jesus is white.
me: that's not fair!
her: and what is?

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:13 am
Sam says...

Edward Bloor is fabulous--or at least he was three years ago. I really enjoyed that book; it's a lot edgier than most of the other YA things you get. If you have ever been the least bit paranoid about school, read it. XD
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

99 Reviews

Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:29 pm
Monki says...

Eh, I've sorta-kinda changed my opinion... I think it's sort of pointless actually. My US History teacher borrowed it from me and she said "I didn't really like it. At least I don't think so... It's kind of-" And I said, "Pointless?" She said "YES! Thank you! I thought so too!"

So... yeah.

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:22 pm
Audy says...

LOL!

I heard a lot about it, so I picked it up. I couldn't get through it. I dunno. I'm awful :oops: I don't normally leave a book half-way through, but this was just one of the few I couldn't finish for the life of me.

Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything
— Plato