z

Young Writers Society

Keys to the Kingdom

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:02 pm
Swires says...

Well I got Mister Monday by Garth Nix free with my Potter preorder from WHSmiths. SO I read it, it was a little juvenile but quite light hearted and really interesting. i enjoyed the world and bought the sequels that have been released. I really like them

Anyone else read The Keys to the Kingdom set by Garth Nix?
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:34 pm
niteowl says...

YES!!!!!!!! I love them!!! You're right, it is a little juvenile, but yeah. I own all four of them. I don't think the fifth one's come out yet...if it has please PM me.

I love Garth Nix in general (even though I never made it through the Seven Towers series). He has a really awesomely weird obsession w/ the numbers 7 and 9.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:40 pm
Lilyy03 says...

I read the first one... It was pretty good, but as you said it was a little juvenile so I didn't really feel driven to read the rest of them.

The Old Kingdom, on the other hand... Freaking brilliant.

614 Reviews

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:49 pm
Swires says...

Friday is coming out in 15 days.
They are a pretty good read, Tuesday being much better than Monday.

The start of Monday didnt really entrance me but as the book went on, I was gripped

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:09 pm
Royboy says...

YAY! I think I'll count down, then. I don't think they're very challenging, but I really like them. Just like Harry Potter, you know?

And, Lilly03, when you say The Old Kingdom, which series is that? Are you talking about Abhorsen?
[url="www.royacrystaldoesnanowrimo.tumblr.com"]Follow my 2011 NaNoWriMo progress on tumblr[/url] or [url="http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/734471"]friend me on the official NaNoWriMo forums[/url]!

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:02 pm
Lilyy03 says...

Royboy wrote:And, Lilly03, when you say The Old Kingdom, which series is that? Are you talking about Abhorsen?

Yeah. I wasn't totally sure what the series as a whole was called, but on Nix's official site it says The Old Kingdom. :P

614 Reviews

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:46 am
Swires says...

They seem more young Adult/ Adult fantasy that the keys series. I may borrow them because i read the sample chapter and wasnt that gripped.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:06 am
Myth says...

I love everything by Garth Nix. I've still got to read Wednesday and Thursday.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:15 pm
Kitkat_1122_ says...

I tried to read Mister Monday, but the beginning didn't grip me. Maybe I'll try to read it again.

614 Reviews

Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:32 pm
Swires says...

I wasnt a fan of them to begin with but once the magic comes into play everything picks up.

The beginning of Monday is poor but then it gets much better.

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:10 pm
Royboy says...

Ahhhhhh! When does Friday come out? I'm dying without it. Meanwhile, I'm amusing myself reading anything by Garth Nix that I haven't read yet. lol.

In that case, I think i'll go finish off the few pages left of Lirael. THAT series is great. I still use Keys to the Kingdom as English class books, though. It's so much easier to do assignments with. =]
[url="www.royacrystaldoesnanowrimo.tumblr.com"]Follow my 2011 NaNoWriMo progress on tumblr[/url] or [url="http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/734471"]friend me on the official NaNoWriMo forums[/url]!

614 Reviews

Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:41 pm
Swires says...

Friday comes out in about a fortnight according to the Nix webby.

ALso - Ive just finished Thursday so Im waiting in anticipation for the next book.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:31 am
afamiliarsmile says...

I love that series! I've only read the first two so far but they have so much fantasy and I just can't wait to read the others lol
"...and in that moment, I swear we were infinite."- Perks of Being a Wallflower

Your presence can give happiness. I hope you remember that.
— Jin, BTS