z

Young Writers Society

The rise of Berlin and Death of London. Part 2 (PG-13)

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:30 am
Tadeusz says...

Okey here I go again.Hopes this makes you guys happy.

''Well bloody hell, I'm telling ya that theirs something going on in the ghetto'' Told a old man with a cigarette in his mouth.

''Sure their is'' exclaimed a younger man sipping a cup of warm tea.

Thomas Penchin sat at a table listening to this conversation as he himself enjoyed a muffin in this fine London morning.

The small cafe was full of people, mostly German soldiers and had all sorts of talking going around in two different languages.

Thomas got the waitress to come over and pour him another cup of tea as the conversation went on at the other table. The old man looked at the young one in disgust and whispered ''these Germans are doing something to those people. I heard rumors that in Poland...''. The young man quickly whispered ''Quit, we don't want them to hear us'' the man said pointing his head at a group of German officers at another table flirting with the waitress.

The old man looked at the officers and then whispered ''So they know it's the truth and so do all of us''.
''Look sir their just treating those people like the Americans do with the black men. They have things like different bathrooms and stuff like that. I've went there a few years back.'' exclaimed the young man as he finished his tea.

''Do the yanks put up walls'' The old man shouted to the young man as he got up and walked from the cafe.

Thomas seeing the argument being over he laid his eyes upon the soldiers around him that hardly knew what the old man said. They just continued eating and talking.

''Well whatever the krauts are doing I'm getting rich off of it.'' Thomas thought as he laid a few pounds on the table for the waitress.

As he walked along the streets everything was new. Banners with the swastika hung on buildings. Posters were everywhere asking men to join the new military working with the Germans.

He spotted a newspaper in a trash bin on the side walk and pulled it out.

It said

''CHURCHILL REACHES CANADA''

He smiles at the headlines before pushing back in the bin.
''Another great day in London'' Thomas states to himself as he walks into the office building laying right on the corner.
Last edited by Tadeusz on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:49 pm
Stealth_Slicer says...

Its good I just spotted a typo in your work that you might want to just quickly edit some time:

Posters were every where asking man to join the new military working with the Germans.

Posters were everywhere asking men to join the new military working with the Germans.

Also when he finds the newspaper I don’t know if that was a wise thing for the paper owners to put in saying that Churchill has reached Canada. Perhaps the papers are on he Germans side, or even the Germans are forcing them to be on their side most likely. Keep writing I think something might be happening soon.

All the best.

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:38 pm
Tadeusz says...

Well one point it not making it that the newspaper praised Churchill safty but just stating a fact. I thinking about that when I was writing and it would be good to have some since on what's going on.

and Thanks.

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
— Mark Twain