z

Young Writers Society

Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic 'Skin' - Summary and Link (It's long...)

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:16 pm
UsagiSquared says...

Don't let the title fool you; there's actually next to no romance... At all. The fanfic is rated for language (As besides certain ones being very... VERY rude, we have Bandit Keith showing up later and... Well he's got a bad mouth by even Japanese standards.), as well as violence.

The fanfic started off as an answer to a friend's challenge that there was no such thing as a well written gender-flipped fanfiction. (In other words, a fanfic where one of the characters has had their gender... Well, flipped.) So I took the challenge being the moron that I am...

And it has now grown to over three hundred thousand words in length. HOH BOY. Anyways. From the site I posted this story on, here's the small summary: 'Where there's a Mokuba, there's always a Seto to protect him. But protection has been taken to the next level. And when Jonouchi Katsuya is pulled into things, he finds out that some secrets are more than just skin deep.'

I'd post all the chapters here, but given the length that would be almost as bad as spam... So I have the link to the first chapter below instead, so as to keep the page-strain down... Among other things.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6293387/1/bSkin_b

And... If enough of you like what you see... Then I'll start updating here! Hope you enjoy!

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:20 pm
TheWrittenChef says...

Dear UsagiSquared,

First off, I've noticed you are a new member. So welcome to YWS and I hope you'll find many friends that are helpful to your goals and aspirations in the future!

Unfortunately, I must tell you that this is not a review, but more like a thought. Considering this very long winded shall we say 'article;' I would propose you post a snipit of it here. Don't post the whole thing, but just enough so that the reader can get into your 'undertaking.'

If you get a lot of feed back then for sure you should post the rest. Perhaps, it could be a short story which sometimes consists of about five to six pages depending on the text. Then, after the reader gets a chance to digest what's gone on, they'll want to hear more of what happens. Thus, you'll gain your first thread of workable material. That would be a welcome present.

However, sometimes (and I've recently discovered this) there are always those 'duds' that get posted. The fish do not come to bite the bait, but instead swim around it acting as if the worm or cricket had any sense at all. It just depends really.

Life as ups and downs, and if you are passionate about writing then post it regardless.

And see what happens. Who knows, you might actually catch a lake monster instead of some tiny brim. (no one ever likes those) :)

Sincerely,
-The Written Chef
"Cooking up intellectual recipes all the time...savory and memorable...oh, what was that? I've tasted it before! Ah, yes...Genious!"

One who sits between two chairs may easily fall down.
— Proverb from Romania and Russia