z

Young Writers Society

Bonded By Blood: A True Blood FanFic. Chapter Two.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:09 pm
thegirlandthepen says...

The living room window of the mansion was left open, I glided in easily. Dumping the body of the unconscious beautiful vampire onto the couch. I caught sight of myself in the mirror, thank god I was back to my usual self. Its rather disorientating catching your own reflection in something shiny and not being able to recognize the person you're looking at. Kidnapping Isabel was not something I was proud of, but it was crucial to the plan. Vampires are not easy to incapacitate, let me assure you. I was sure there would be a group of bloodthirsty vampires storming in at any second. The black mist sent over by a member of my family would only last for thirty seconds at the most. Hopefully Godric and his other vampires had took the initiative to use the mass blackout to return home.

I unpinned my hair from its tight bun and let it loose on my shoulders, stretching my arms out. I yawned, it had been a long day. Sure enough, right on time. Godric, three angry vampires and two blonde and beautiful humans stormed through the door. The first attack was driven by the vampire wearing the cowboy hat, he attempted to grab me, I put one hand on his chest to halt him, when he was only centimetres from my face, I wanted to throw him out the window. How dare he try and hurt me like this, seeing as I just done them all a huge favour. Instead I broke his arm, it snapped effortlessly with the loudest crack. Sadistic but he deserved it.

The next one to have a go was the tallest blonde one, he had a slight Nordic look to him. Being at least two metres tall, fair and blue eyed. He lunged toward my throat and I moved out of the way swiftly, sending him smack bang into the wall. The room positively shook as if there had been an earthquake. An impressive long crevice was left in the wall as he attempted to peel himself off it.

"Enough!" Bellowed Godric, his voice sent shivers up my spine. The childish tones somehow filled the room with authority, it was clear he was in charge around here. My first attacker snarled, baring his fangs and twisted his arm back into place with a toe curling crunch, his onyx eyes did not leave mine as he moved across the room to the sleeping Isabel. The blonde one removed his head from the wall and followed suit.

"She's unconscious, but not harmed. I needed to borrow her, appearance for a little while. I had no other choice. I'll give her some of my blood and she will heal and awaken in a few minutes."

Nobody said a word, the two blonde humans too scared to even move, the vampires red raw with anger, but Godric remained calm, and still. So I assembled the materials needed for the injection, a special needle made of Titanium Steel, the only substance that could pass through my skin, a tiny syringe only able to hold a few millimetres' of blood, as too much would cause severe reactions. I fixed them together, and took a deep breath. Stabbing the needle straight into the jugular in my neck, it didn't hurt. To tell you the truth I was unable to feel pain, but I liked to put on a show. Everybody watched me curiously, Godric looked intrigued. I took the necessary blood and made my way over to Isabel. On her own she would awaken in a few hours, but with this she could be up straight away, I wanted to at least apologize for treating her so roughly before I left.

"I'm going to need some of you to restrain her, as as soon as she sees me, she will try and kill me."

Godric held her arms, as I injected my blood straight into her un-beating heart. Moments later, her eyes bulged open, she pushed against Godric's strength, every vein in her face bulging with Vampire rage. Of course he was much too strong for her, he barely even moved. As if he was restraining a small child. And she sinked back down into the couch. Her face like thunder. I began my ready made speech.

"My name is Lilia. I was sent here to save Godric from the Fellowship of the Sun. I'm sorry for the way I treated you before, I needed to borrow your appearance to get him out of the church."

"Who sent you?" Barked the hat wearing one. I gritted my teeth, I wasn't sure what it was about him but he made me very, very angry.

"A very long time ago, there was a great war involving all the supes of the world. Godric helped members of my family fight this war, and saved many of their lives. I was simply repaying the favour."

"Thank you, for that we are eternally grateful." Replied the tall blonde one, he even smiled slightly, but it looked like it caused him pain.

"There's no need for that. Although my family are also eternally grateful for Godric's sacrifices, they are not willing to make amends with the vampire race. Godric, if I could have a quiet word, then I must leave."

"Of course, Eric, Stan see that Isabel feeds."

The two vampires obeyed loyally, of course Godric must have been their creator. Stan the one who wore a hat seemed stubborn, it was odd to see him so readily willing. The bond between a vampire and their maker is fascinating. When the maker issues orders the underlings have absolutely no choice but to obey. You can almost feeling the energy, and the force that he has over them. Godric put his arm around me, and led me into the bedroom. My skin tingled as it had before when he touched me, the connection of our blood should have worn off by now, this is odd. I didn’t want to waste time, I knew I had to go soon.

"I understand that you offered yourself to the fellowship?" The question that had been pressing on my mind, why on earth would a vampire as old and as wise as him offer himself to a hate party that wanted to kill him? It made no sense to me, the mercy he had shown the people in the church was baffling to me also, had he not been treated badly in that cramped cell?

"I did, I thought that it would fix everything somehow." He bowed his head and looked down, he had not taken his eyes off of me ever since he opened them. The hurt on his face was unquestionable, desperate even.

"And you wanted to die?"

He didn't answer, he didn't look up. Instead a single drop of thick scarlet blood from his eye rolled onto his cheek, vampire tears. I don't know what came over me, but when he looked back up I leaned in and kissed him. The moment his cool lips brushed against mine, I was transported into one of my first memories. When I first noticed my eyes were the brightest shade of violet purple I had ever seen, two silvery crescent moons decorated the inside of my pupils. I blinked, unable to make sense of such strange eyes. My ears were slightly pointed at the top, only ever so, almost pixie or elfish. My skin positively glowed in the light of the morning. My features were perfect, I had a perfectly straight nose, perfect cupids bow lips. Everything was perfectly formed, the only flaw I saw visible. Was a black tattoo of a strange symbol on the lower left side of my abdomen. I didn't realise my own strength that morning, and pulled my bedroom door off its hinges without any effort.

I pulled away sharply from Godric's smooth marble lips. Knowing he had just experienced my most painful memory.

“You must rest now Sheriff.” Isabel poked her head around the door, I jumped up like a child who has been caught stealing from the cookie jar. That was my cue to leave, I pondered on the best exit. I could simply fly straight out of the window, but it was early morning in Dallas, there were very little clouds in the sky as usual. I didn’t exactly have much cover, I turned to see Godric waiting for me to stop looking at myself in the mirror. I blushed slightly, embarrassed at my vanity.

“Will you stay?”

In the morning, which of course was actually night. Godric was the first to rise, I was in the kitchen. Sookie and myself had bonded over a shopping trip at the Supermarket. After Jason her handsome brother, had finally woke up, we grew tired of watching old westerns on the cinema style TV. What’s the fun in living in a big house when you’ve no one to share it with? The two us decided to go shopping, on behalf of Mr. Compton’s credit card, we dropped off Jason in Bon Temps. He had barely said a word to Sookie and me, it didn’t seem like much went on in that brain of his. Godric’s fridge was looking a little low on Tru Blood’s, so we made sure we bought a crate of those as well as human food, naturally. Upon our return to the impressive Dallas Mansion, Sookie and I started making dinner for the two of us. We chatted absent-mindedly about mundane things. Until she asked a question that stopped even me in its tracks.

“So, are you from around here? Where did you grow up?”

“That’s two questions.”

“Sorry I’m just a little curious. I mean, I can’t hear your thoughts. And the only other person whose thoughts I can’t hear is a Vampire, and I know you’re not. Because we’ve just been out in sunlight all day. So, what are you? If you don’t mind me asking.”

Just in time. A sickly sweet aroma filled the air. It smelled like nothing you had ever experienced before. Honeysuckle, Blossom, Honey and Almonds. Vanilla and a dash of Coconut. It was mouth-watering. Godric yawned theatrically and stretched out his muscled arms, smiling warmly at the two of us doing dishes.

“You didn’t need to do that. We have a human maid who sorts that out for us.”

“Can’t think she gets to do much dishes often.” Sookie’s laugh was infectious, it made me smile with her. She irritated me slightly at first, but after spending the day together she seemed like a kind girl. I wanted to ask her more about her and Bill’s relationship. But I didn’t want to pry. I was curious on how a human had willingly struck up a relationship with a Vampire. Knowing that at any minute, he could kill her, and there was nothing she could do about it. And seeing as I couldn’t answer her question about what I was, I didn’t think I was allowed to ask her myself.

I couldn’t take my eyes off Godric, dressed simply in a grey cotton shirt and khaki shorts. He was bare foot, but still breath taking. There was something about his eyes, the expression in them was often unreadable at times. Sometimes there was an intense sadness so strong, it made you want to cry yourself. Other times he seemed genuinely happy, although that never lasted. He stared back, a look of intrigue and curiosity.

Shortly, three more vampires joined us. Eric, the tall blonde. Isabel, the stunning Hispanic vampire I had incapacitated so rudely yesterday, and of course good old’ Bill Compton, I cringed at the thought of his credit card bill. But of course, he was a Vampire. He had all the time in the world to collect money, of course he saved lots on good, living forever must have had its benefits. Maybe I would experience someday. I wasn’t always sure of the life expectancy of my kind. I suppose eternity seeing as we were pretty hard to kill, I wasn’t sure if I should be reassured or worried. Luckily Stan had disappeared somewhere.

Bill and Sookie’s greeting was very sweet. He immediately appeared at her side and hugged her as if he hadn’t seen her in a very long time, he appeared to be taking in her scent. She was sweet smelling, very floral and feminine. They kissed lightly, I heard a quiet sound that almost sounded like a retching to the left of me, undetectable to human ears of course, this was a noise that was not supposed to be heard. Eric eyed the couple, his fierce dark eyes ablaze with what seemed like jealousy and anger. Isabel laughed softly, her laugh sounding like church bells. Godric had stopped staring, instead he looked at the floor, a look of sadness had creeped back. I longed to know what was on his mind, but Vampires were impossible to read, as Sookie would know. No matter how much I wanted too.

“Why did you ask me to stay?” I asked when we were alone. Bill and Sookie left together. Eric stepped out for a while and Isabel was warming up many Tru Blood’s in the kitchen. Even outside I could hear her pottering around, my hearing similar to that of a Vampire. She was grateful of the shopping I had done. They were planning to throw a party, and invite many local covens. Everybody wanted to celebrate Godric’s return, this may have been why he wanted me to stay, seeing as I was apparently woman of the hour. The thought of a Vampire party wasn’t the most disconcerting feeling. The moon lit up the garden beautifully. It was quaint, irregular modern statues lined the lawn. It had a slight Grecian feel to it, the columns inside the house decorated the outside also. I stopped by a pond in the garden, watching my reflection in the water. My eyes glowed amethyst, my hair a slight mess. I never thought to brush it, it hung in waves most of the time. I didn’t care much for my appearance, I usually had more important things to worry about.

“How are your family?” I hadn’t even noticed Godric at my side, he watched the lake with me. I stopped looking at myself, and instead looked at the stars twinkling in the water. I hadn’t prepared a reply.

“There are not many of us left. I don’t have any real family, not anymore.”

The war that Godric had helped my family fight, was the first of many. Battles ravaged between all the Supes. The Pixies, the Elves, the Shifters, even the Fairies. All the different creatures who you never thought existed were all fighting amongst themselves. Power and greed had taken over. Which species were the strongest, who had the most power. My family got the worst of it, we were not a single breed. We didn’t have a select name, we were called all different things, but we possessed most of the common powers. Speed, strength, supersonic hearing, flight and more. I was still mastering most of those, I was learning everyday because I was young. I wasn’t sure this was the life I was born into.

“Where will you go?” Godric asked gently, his hand now resting on my arm. The coolness of his skin wasn’t quite as icy as it had been.

“I’m not completely alone. I have a few people I can turn to. I will go wherever I am needed. And as I am no longer needed here, I must return soon. I’m sorry for the way I acted last night. It was reckless, but it was the blood. You yourself must know the effects of drinking vampire blood? It is very much the same for me.”

Godric looked genuinely hurt, like he wanted me to stay. He removed his hand quickly and stared back into the pool. People were beginning to arrive now, the murmur of voices got louder, they were starting to question where the man of the hour was.

“Please, stay for the party at least. I will not keep you any longer, if your families are still fighting. I know there is many that will be willing to help.” He pleaded.

“I’ve already told you, my family will not converse with Vampires anymore, thank you anyway. I’ll stay for an hour, but then I really must be getting back,” I smiled. “I still feel, strangely protective of you.”

His mouth twisted into a devilish grin. “It must be the blood.”

There were not just Vampires at the party, but humans too. Sookie returned with Bill, she greeted me with a hug. The other humans looked like they liked to live life on the edge, which was apt seeing as they were at a Vampire party. Godric had positioned himself in the corner of the room, he sat on a mauve coloured chair which like most furniture in the house, looked expensive. A queue of people both Vampire and human waited patiently in an orderly fashion to welcome him back. He looked kind of bored, he smiled at each person and said no more than a few words, usually ‘thank you‘ and ‘glad to be back‘. Now and then he would look over to me, probably checking if I was still here. His expression was tense every time he scanned the room, and then softened a little every time he noticed me, I got butterflies every time his piercing blue eyes caught mine. I did my best to mingle, I was sure my scent confused most of the Vampires. I got some malicious looks off what I can only describe as real, bonafide Fangbangers. This was obvious due to the many bite marks they wore on their neck, arms and sometimes legs. They dressed like biker’s girlfriends, short leather skirts and tops with plunging necklines, I couldn‘t think of anything worse than letting a Vampire bite me for fun or sexual pleasure. Then again, even their razor sharp fangs couldn’t even penetrate my skin. I smiled sweetly in the knowledge of that, and back to them, counting down the minutes until I could leave. The more I stayed, the more I longed to be with Godric.

A sense of danger overwhelmed me so completely, that I almost fell over. I felt sick to my stomach, I could sense the end. I rushed straight to Godric, his expression confused at my sudden movement. A young raven haired man walked into the house, his arms folded tightly around a bulky leather jacket, like he was concealing something underneath.

“Excuse me everybody, I have a message from the Fellowship Of The Sun Church.”
"If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot. There's no way around these two things that I'm aware of, no shortcut." - Stephen King.

EDDiE. :]

Want an honest review?
topic67916.html

556 Reviews

Reviews: 556
Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:33 pm
ziggiefred says...

Hello there :)

I only managed to read some of this so I thought I'd do the honours.
Dumping the body of the unconscious beautiful vampire onto the couch.

This sentence seems a bit out of place, try revising it.

I think that's the only flaw I spotted. Now I'm not a fan of True Blood but this was almost excellent. I love the way you tell your story, it's articulate and precise, grammar is to the point, I love this. You definitely know which tools to use inorder to grab the reader's attention. Your vocabulary is wide too.

Good job
The best is what you make it!

...eh, need a review? Click me!

Alexa, are there European frat boys
— Carina