Question on writing competitions

3 posts
User avatar
Gender Male
Points 276
Reviews 13
I'm new to this, but most writing competitions say to use unpublished work. By posting it on here before, is it technically published?




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 8976
Reviews 983
That depends on the rules of the competition. You'd need to ask the judges and see what they say! You can always unpublish the work should you choose to enter a contest that frowns upon online publishing.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 276
Reviews 13
Awesome thanks for the help



That's just what translation is, I think. That's all speaking is. Listening to the other and trying to see past your own biases to glimpse what they're trying to say. Showing yourself to the world, and hoping someone else understands.
— Ramy (Babel by R. F. Kuang)