I tried what Sureal had posted, and this was the result:
Please, I wanna be able to make this a true sprite, so I wanna get crit so I can make the rest of the body...
I can't shade, so can someone help me? I'll send it to you so you can shade it... I just can't do it!
Save your images as GIF files, rather that JPEG - that way you don't lose any picture quality.
If you don't have a program that save pictures as a good GIF file, instead save it as a BMP file (that's standard for Paint), and then use GIFFY (google it) to convert the image.
People say I love you all the time - when they say, ‘take an umbrella, it’s raining,’ or ‘hurry back,’ or even ‘watch out, you’ll break your neck.’ There are hundreds of ways of wording it - you just have to listen for it, my dear. — John Patrick, The Curious Savage