Determination

5 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 1226
Reviews 74
ImageImage

I drew this freehanded with a mechanical pencil and some colored pencils. What do you think?
Last edited by bElL3 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Are you a Badfish, too?




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 4049
Reviews 99
Cool! Nice drawing, I love horses.

~Tayla




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 1173
Reviews 23
I can't say I'm an artist or have any creative skills other than writing, but i thought this drawing was great.

I love the edginess and almost dramatic feel to it. I know humans are difficult to draw, especially faces, and although you can't see the jockey's face in profile, it looked pretty damn good to me.

That's two, now what shall i review?




User avatar
Gender None specified
Points 49068
Reviews 373
Hi there!
Kamas here!!

Well to start off, I love horses.. like adore!

I really like this picture. You are a talented artist. Though you can't change it now for next time I suggest...

Horse: Too muscle-y, so many harsh outlines make the horse look fat. Horses have the most muscles in their shoulders and neck (I don't know what to call it, I'm a french rider *french words*) avoid the space in between that. It creates thickness and bluntness that adds a lot of weight a race horse would not have.
I love the face though the expression is a little frightening. It seems a little small due to the thickness in the "neck"
Otherwise gorgeous. I need to follow a step by step instruction booklet to get it looking nice enough to present too someone.

Rider: Very good too! Try to put the clothing is closer to the body because his head seems a little small too
His leg seems twisted in an awkward position too. Like it's bent in three different ways. Ouch. :P

Great job! It's a very nice picture!

~Kamas
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2878
Reviews 100
Wow, that's awesome! I wish I had your drawing talent! You could show more of the horse, and maybe the background. Are they at a tournament? Practicing? what are they jumping over? If anything at all? The part around the eye looks a little red, and the person seems a bit... Squiggly? I don't know how to put it.

All-in-all, great picture, and as I said before; I wish I had your drawing talents!

Happy YWSing!

GPS
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."



It takes me deciding to write on YWS in the late hours...to realize how many members are most active while I'm unconscious
— RavenAkuma