z

Young Writers Society

Holiday Madness

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:46 pm
vox nihili says...

It might be that I'm sort of a country girl, but I liked the ones you took called Ice, the fern, and the brighter leaf. Framing the Sun was probably my favorite of all. The angle you used is spectacular. The others... Holes was interesting, but the shot was take at such an angle that the holes weren't in the focal point. In lounge, I think it would look better if you had done a semi-profile view of the girl. That's at least how I'd have done it. Art Walk is kind of confusing...you needed more foreground, less sky, less wall. It makes it difficult to tell the artwork is really on a wall...if you get what I mean. Kaliedescope was awesome. I love the colors and such, but if it had been possible to get more of the subject into the picture...that would have made it better. I couldn't tell what object was shown in that photo...? Millers is a very cool picture. It looks hip and sort of lively with all the details that are shown. Nice work. I am not a photographer, but an artist who uses her imagination to create scenes, so if anything I've commented doesn't make sense, PM me. I don't know anything about photography, but I have a passion for art.
Cheers!
--Voxina

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:04 pm
Tabithalillian says...

I love all of them. The sun being framed by the plant and the ice really captured my attention. They were really nice and it made you stop and take a closer look and then it gives you some real time to appreciate it. I also loved the picture with the stop sign going upward. THat is exactly the kind I picture I attempt to take and it was really nice. I really liked the floating leaf, it had some depth and I loved the contrast between the solid leaf and the shimmer-y water. THe self portraits, I loved them all. THe seccond one was my faovrite because I liked the swirling dress and your feet under the camera. The third one seemed a little stiff and really posed. that was the only one that I didnt really like. All the others were awesome.
Living in a tower

As my artist’s statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance.
— Calvin