z

Young Writers Society

Breast cancer awareness

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:26 am
mthoufiq says...

Breast Cancer Awareness

The incidence of breast cancer is rising in every part of the world especially in developing countries like India.

What is breast cancer?

It is a cancer that starts in the tissues of the breast. Cancer develops when a single cell begins to multiply. There are two main types of breast cancer namely the ductual carcinoma and lobular carcinoma. Most breast cancers are of the ductual carcinoma type.Ductual carcinoma starts in the tubes while the lobular carcinoma starts in the parts of the breast.

Risk factors of breast cancer
Age and Gender: The risk of breast cancer increases the more you get older. Most breast cancer cases are found in women of age 50-60.
Family History: The risk of breast cancer increases when you have a relative who has had breast or colon cancer.
Hormone Replacement Therapy: Breast cancer is likely to increase the longer you take up hormone replacement therapy.

How to protect?
• Do regular mammography screenings.
• Drink plenty of water or low calorie drinks.
• Limit the amount of fat, sugar and alcohol in your diet.
• Avoid pickled foods.
• Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.

Family Story

One of the most beloved person in my family who is none other than my grandmother and whose sweet name was Rehuma drew our attention towards this killer’s effect. When she was 52 years old, she had something wrong in her body. One day she went to her best friend who was a doctor to ask what was going on with her. She told she was not sure about it and adviced her to go to the hospital. So she went and they identified the problem. Yes, the problem was breast cancer. All the doctors did their best to try to save my grandmother but unfortunately it was a failure. Two years later she died. It was the unhappiest day of my life. From that day my family has been aware of breast cancer.

Let’s think pink and fight against breast cancer!

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:09 pm
missunderstood says...

Well written and informative. One suggestion is moving the Family Story to the beginning to catch the readers attention. Either way its still nice.
-Hunter
"You can be a king or a street-sweeper, but everybody dances with the grim reaper." -Robert Harris

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:09 pm
View Likes
AngelKnight900 says...

I agree with your previous reviewer. I think that you should have start off with the family story which would have caught people's attention. I think that you should have gone maybe a little in depth or just put a few more details in your information about the types of Breast Cancer. Also, people will only think pink when they see that you're thinking pink. You should have gone into more depth about your grandmother. I know I may come off as being harsh and I'm sorry but I just want other people to read this and be like "Yeah, we should think pink" so good luck and keep writing.
True confidence leaves no room for jealousy. When you know your are great, you have no need to hate.
-Nicki Minaj

One who sits between two chairs may easily fall down.
— Proverb from Romania and Russia