z

Young Writers Society

The Black Sun-my nearly overdue entry for Villains comp

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:45 am
SirenCymbaline says...

I wrote this last minute and posted it hours before it was technically 4th July and end of comp. I didn't have time to put her into action, only time to describe her. SORRY. This character will be used in future when I finish and post my novel in which she is featured. I called them blades because swords didn't fit. So. Here it is.

A suspicious character, bearing two blades. The blades are identical. Curved, engraved blades, Ivory Wood handles with a single citrine stone in the middle. They have a red tinge to the edge. Her eyes glow hauntingly like blood in the dark. The heart of mercilessness. The Black Sun, they call her. Few have met her and lived, but this description is known throughout the world. A description given by the only people on earth to have survived being in eyesight range of this tyranous phantom. This is all the people know of the Black Sun. What I know, what you are about to know, are deep secrets. Her blades. More than steel death instruments. They are the source of her deadly dark magic. They are mentally connected to her. The blades drain life-force on contact with the skin. They are slightly superior. The Black Sun and her blades fight and breathe in unity. She does not eat, she and the power of the blades feed of the life-forces that they annihilate. The palms of her gloves are cut out so she can touch and connect with them. If she leaves the blades unsupervised, theycome alive and destroy everything and everyone, on BOTH sides. Everyone except her. The reason the blades do not kill her or drain her by touch is she made a life-bargain. She works with them, killing everything/one, and enhancing their power with every life taken. More lives, more power, health, strength and in some cases, knowledge. No interrogations, just let the blades do the talking. She has a long history of betrayal, often getting what she can from an employer or comrade, then gracefully dispatch them. If she were to give up her blades, they would kill her, go on a bit of a rampage, and wait for someone to take her place. She is forced to be what she is because of the blades. But she brought this on herself. She likes her lifestyle and her blades. And I doubt that will change.
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:44 am
PandorasChild says...

Hey Annie! :) haha your description was very cute, In my brain played the voice of an excited child relaying the story to an older sibling or some one who (gasp!) knows nothing of The Black Sun. I don't have time to nit pick much but one small one which caught me is why is her name The Black Sun? You identify the red, but not really the black and how the sun comes into it? :) the "And I doubt that will change" on the end was very incriminating ;)
Well done!
"Dad, I'm hungry."
Hello hungry!
"Dad! I'm serious."
I thought you were hungry?
"Are you kidding me?"
No. I'm dad.

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:08 am
View Likes
Deanie says...

Very nice description. I have never read The Black Sun, but still I love this writing. I only could noticed two little mistakes:

AnnieBauthor wrote:The Black Sun, the call her.
I think you meant the the to be they

AnnieBauthor wrote: What I know, what you are about to know, are deep secrets of . Her blades.
I don't know for sure what is meant to be there but I maybe the full stop should disappear and so should the capital H?

Apart from that, smashing job!

Deanie x
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

It's all a matter of perspective. Everyone is the hero of their own story, and the villain of another's.
— James