Six Word Stories

5 posts
User avatar
Gender None specified
Points 10566
Reviews 73
Everyone knows of the famous six word story "For sale: Baby shoes, never worn," by Hemmingway. I am part of an online group which writes six word stories in his honour. The title of the story is above six words and is shown in bold.

---


A screech of (in)humanity(?)

"Racism ends when there's only us!"

---

Diamond or Coal

E - N - V - I - R - O - N - M

E - Hearts are like carbon - N

T - M - A - T - T - E - R - S

---

Bullying - Reaction

Drip, drop.

"Never again."

Blood?

...

Sweat?

---

Birth

Cold, withered. Blue. Arrival? Tear stained.

---

Humanity

Gazing upwards, dragged down. Foolishly praying.

---

I own all these six word stories.

(C) by Me.
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 1040
Reviews 24
Wow. I had to write one of these for a contest once and all of yours just blew it away... each and every one of these are amazing!
Last edited by CRL on Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"They don't have meetings about rainbows."
-Cole Sear, The Sixth Sense




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 1145
Reviews 52
It's so nice to see people still experimenting with writing!

I really enjoyed reading these and please keep it up!

Sish
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 6553
Reviews 122
Hello :)
this was all interesting. I have never seen six word stories, so this was an interesting read for me. Its cool because you just let the unsaid words fill in, I guess is how to describe it.

Very, very cool :)

--Ash
And just when the caterpillar thought her life was over, she turned into a beautiful butterfly.




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 1319
Reviews 10
I love how powerful just even six words can be, these stories are just beautiful.
I particularly enjoyed 'Humanity', those six words really summed just about everything up. :D
Absence weakens mediocre passions and increases great ones the same way wind blows out candles and kindles fires.



If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
— Henry David Thoreau, "Walden"