z

Young Writers Society

5 reasons why these kind of people are better.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:32 pm
emoinpink says...

MeanMrMustard-Yes, the internet is here to bring people together, and that includes debating with people you may have never met.

That said, there's a difference between 'debating' and saying "This thing sux because I don't like it," which is what this post is talking about.

Ladypurple-I haven't actually noticed people doing this, which shows how much in my own little world I am-I don't even notice what's happening on the internet :) But this does remind me of those trolls who seem to have taken over YouTube lately-"People who dislike this like Justin Bieber, thumbs up if you agree!"

Anyway, you presented a pretty good argument for someone with split personalities... kidding :P

I 'Like' this. :D
We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.-Japanese Proverb

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:53 pm
Torigirl15 says...

I loved this post, and i think it had some really good points. Anyone who gets mad over this obviously doesn't get the point. =D
Xx This side of mortality is
scaring me to death
to death xX

-The Temper Trap: Soldier On

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:58 pm
View Likes
Sionarama says...

MeanMrMustard wrote:Soo your answer is to be smug and stick your nose up to people who decide to debate and try to understand other opinions that might not be readily available where they live? This kind of notion is far too naive to be taken seriously. I debate because I enjoy it; I realize that people are not simple and merely the first impression I think they are. The level of pretentiousness here is by far greater than any internet debate. It should be fairly obvious drama for the sake of drama is pointless; debate across the internet is not.

It is much, much safer to debate on the Internet than it is in real life as people take things very seriously there, and they are generally not nice if you cannot debate in an orderly fashion. Increasingly I am seeing a complete aversion to debate and intellectual query in the general population of the world today, this is frightening. Where is the critical thinking going? Why is there such resentment?

So, no. You are not better. You're just naive; if the intention of this thread was towards general drama...yeah no, then you're playing semantics. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you.

this was exactly what ladypurple was trying to say... you did not have to comment on this and be mean about it. You could of said "I disagree with your point of view because I like debate" instead of calling her naive and smug. Maybe we should let these types of threads slide before we type. Either one way or another someone is going to get hurt. Besides, Mustard, lady was just doing the Great Nat's bidding.
"You may not be educated well in the areas of etiquette and the like as a princess, but you do throw some bashing good parties!"
Not all princesses are pink sparkles.
Exhibit A

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:21 pm
LadyPurple says...

this was exactly what ladypurple was trying to say... you did not have to comment on this and be mean about it. You could of said "I disagree with your point of view because I like debate" instead of calling her naive and smug. Maybe we should let these types of threads slide before we type. Either one way or another someone is going to get hurt. Besides, Mustard, lady was just doing the Great Nat's bidding.

Thank you very much, Sionarama. :smt001
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:41 pm
GrantBlayfur says...

When I saw this thread (which I believe to be the fourth in this series of "# reasons why ___ is the best"), I thought "Hmm, I should write my own that says that people who don't write these threads are the best!" Looks like you beat me to it, though. Durnit.

Anyways, I thought it was amusing. While I think these threads need to stop before we start some kind of odd thread-making flame war, I liked this one and Raz's transvestite one.

770 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 770
Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:34 pm
borntobeawriter says...

Lady, this was hilarious. Seriously.

I hope this trend dies horribly, though, because if I see another "5 reasons why...' I might scream ;)

Tanya

If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
— Anatole France