I must admit, I think I am losing my poetry bug. I rarely write poetry anymore, yet I listen and read poems everyday. But I think I have a solution to my problem. NaPoWriMo 2012! NaPoWriMo, or National Poetry Writing Month, is an annual project in which participating poets attempt to write a poem a day for the month of April. I am going to do it! I challenge you to join along. I have a surprise to whoever chooses to join me on this creative journey back to poetry.
Lets start! It's too bad that I didn't see this earlier. I haven't thought of a title yet but here goes.
Here on the earth, A lone wolf howls, A lone wolf howls, Under the bright, yellow moon, bathed in mist. The moon, A simple silhouette, Hangs in the sky.
I am nothing but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's or maybe like pocket candy that's just a bit too sweet.
Cheat your landlord if you can and must, but do not try to shortchange the Muse. It cannot be done. You can’t fake quality any more than you can fake a good meal. — William S. Burroughs