Animal Rhymes

1 post
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 5081
Reviews 270
So, I had this idea, and I don't think I could make it into an actual poem myself, but I thought it would make a good thread.

Take an animal (it started when I heard some mourning doves), ask it a question (I asked--wait for it--WHAT IT WAS MOURNING! How original.) and then add rhyme.

I'll start. (Well, duh.)
~~~~~
"Whatcha mournin', Mournin' Dove?"
"Sally Sue has lost her glove."

"Why ya yowlin', alley cat?"
"My poor tail got squished by a bat."
~~~
And so on, in the style of a children's book. XD
"Ok, Lolpup. You can be a girl worth fighting for."
--Pengu



Everything has to be taken on trust; truth is only that which is taken to be true. It's the currency of living. There may be nothing behind it, but it doesn't make any difference so long as it is honoured. One acts on assumptions. What do you assume?
— Player (Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead by Tom Stoppard)