Writing Activity

1 post
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 23
I really hate when I can't think of anything to write about. So, what I will do is I will pick some random word, thing, or place. (Thing or a place will work better I think.) I will describe it in great detail. Color, shape, what it is, if there are any pictures on it, and anything else that stands out about it. Normally, from that I will get an idea for a story or a poem. If I don't then I will just pick another thing to write about. This way I am still getting some writing in, and working on my writing skills.



I only know that learning to believe in the power of my own words has been the most freeing experience of my life. It has brought me the most light. And isn't that what a poem is? A lantern glowing in the dark.
— Elizabeth Acevedo, The Poet X