z

Young Writers Society

Circus Outcast (Starting, but still accepting!)

Reviews: 0
Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:36 am
Undertaker says...

Ember; fire-bending

As I strolled back though the tent, I saw other acts practicing here and there. I stopped and watched for a moment as Jadie started to practice her balancing for her act. I smiled softly as she glanced over and nodded at me. I glanced around her general area and noticed that K.J was just simply playing with the shadows while waiting for something to do.

I continued threw the tent, when suddenly it stated to get warmer. Almost grinning to myself, walked toward the source of the heat. All of a sudden a shadow loomed over me. Looking up, I stared at the white underbelly of a dragon. He looped threw a ring of fire and landed. Luke swiftly came out of the shadows and started talking to his dragon, Nack.

He must of noticed me because suddenly he waved at me. I strode over and gave him a smile. “You and Nack are doing well. I can‘t wait to watch your performance. ” I stated, while looking at Nack. I almost a little afraid to be standing next to something so huge, but then again I kind of wanted to reach out and pet him, but I didn’t know how he react so I didn’t.
"Show me a "first rate laugh"."

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:42 am
MilkNCookies says...

Luke

"I can." I mumbled under my breath, so she could barely hear me. She giggled.

"Not one for preforming?" She asked. Gods curse her voice! She isn't even my age!

"No." I mumbled. I saw her glancing over at Nack. "You can pet him."

"That would be... lovely." SHe said, extending a hand to his nuzzle. She was soon scratching under his chin, and his foot was going up and down.

"I can't even get him to do that. Must be the fire, or something." I said. 'When's your act?"
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:17 pm
Cspr says...

K.J.

I walked out of my tent and watched the two petting the dragon.
"Interesting pet," I mused, looking at the giant beast.

I "attached" (didn't have a better word for it--still) myself to its shadow and formed it a black replica, which I made roar soundlessly, before having it circle the pair.

What? I was bored.
My SPD senses are tingling.

49 Reviews

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:46 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Luke

I loked at the shadow, not very concerned. The two dragons, who saw it as a wonderous game, chased the dragon. I chuckled as the shadow hightailed tothe other side of the feild.

"Thanks!" I called to it. They seemed to be having a wonderous game.

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:15 pm
Funkymomo says...

Ella- telekinetic

" I quit!" I yelled at nick " I'm sick and tired of working for you!" I stormed out of the tent door dramatically. As I walked off into the night, i wondered. Was this the right decision?

( In other words I quit this storybook)
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

180 Reviews

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:29 am
Cspr says...

K.J.

I chuckled. "It can't hear you. But you're welcome," I say, shrugging. I watch as the "two" dragons chase each other across the field, my shadow running quickly, then jumping into the air momentarily.

"You know, this has to be the dumbest power ever," I tack on, shaking my head. "I mean, seriously..."

((*gasps at above poster* Oh, and yes, K.J. is a little...not too confidant...at the moment. Lol.))

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:15 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Cat
"Separately." Nick replied after Ella came up and shouted at him. "Ok thank you!" I said happily. I ran to the lion cage happy still. 'So did you guys get that?' I asked mentally. 'Yeah yeah yeah!!' Caesar said running around. 'Of course.' Brutus replied calmly. 'Alright I'll see you guys in about 15-20 minutes.' I replied scratching them both on the tops of their heads. 'Do you want to practice?' Brutus asked. I bit my lip. 'You know what yeah actually I do.' I replied opening up the cage. They walked out one after the other. 'Ok so you want us to jump out of the cage and rush at you like we always do right?' Brutus asked while Caesar kept running around. 'Right then I hold up my hand and you guys stop then I point at the chairs and you guys run over and sit on them and Caesar are you even listening!' I shouted. Caesar stopped. 'Of course I am.' He said indignantly. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I repeated everything I just said. 'Ok do you get that?' I asked. He nodded and then I went back to going over the act really getting into it.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

Reviews: 0
Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:08 am
Undertaker says...

Ember; fire-bender

I was happily petting Nack and talking with Luke when suddenly a black dragon started to circle us. Looking up, I noticed the black shadow dragon when suddenly Nack took off to go play with shadow dragon. I smiled as I watched them play. Next thing I know, the black dragon flew behind me and I heard Luke yell thank you.

Turning around I noticed that K.J was standing with the shadowed dragon. That was nice of him, I thought. Suddenly I heard the end of the last act and then Nick announced that Cat’s act would be next. “Come on, let’s go watch!” I said as I gently grabbed Luke’s hand and started to walk toward the form of the tent. I stopped for a minute, turned around and looked at K.J. “What to come K.J?”
"Show me a "first rate laugh"."

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Cat
I smiled when I heard the announcement that my act would be next. I ushered Caesar and Brutus into the cage and closed it not locking it. I winked at them and walked up towards the backstage so Nick wouldn't have to transport me that far then I closed my eyes and felt a rush of air then I heard a roar of approval from the crowd I opened my eyes and smiled and then gestured to the left of me and the spotlight swung over highlighting the spot and the cage appeared and Brutus and Caesar paced around it roaring angrily and I smiled secretly. '3....2....1 now!' I said mentally and they burst out running towards me roaring baring their teeth and hearing the gasp from the crowd I knew I had them completely. I held up my hand and they stopped and the crowd roared and I felt a smile make its way across my face. I pointed at the chairs and they ran over and sat down their tails swishing back and forth. I pointed up and they supported their entire weight on their back legs and held out their front legs their claws extended and the crowd applauded. I took that opportunity and glanced back and saw Luke, Ember, and K.J. watching and I winked at them and they waved and my smile got wider. I turned back to the crowd and twirled my finger in the air backwards and they jumped off the chairs and flipped backwards then I twirled my finger forward and they flipped forwards. I heard the crowd muttering in amazement because few people knew how acrobatic male lions can be and I smiled again. I settled into my act enjoying all the gasps, roars and applause I was getting. 'I love this!' I though happily and Caesar and Brutus chuckled.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

49 Reviews

Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:18 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Luke

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" K.J yelled, morphing from his dragon form back into a human. I barely noticed when ember grasped my hand, but I did when she practically dragged me to the crowd. Pouting Jeb stayed behind with Nack. I grinned at him, since my act shouldn't be too far behind. They loved to preform, but I despised it. The only reason I stayed was for nick, the people, and the only place I was accepted with my powers. I watched the two lions flip and twirl. I realized how similar our acts are. Her's is aimed towards disbeleif, but mine is more... graceful, acrobatic. But, mostly the same concept. Cat grinned an bowed, long with the lions, when her act was finished, and Nick sent them backstage. Nicked called back some name I didn't know, and big man entered the stage.

"Let's go." I mumbled to both of them. "I have more practicing I need to do. Jeb isn't twirling quite right; I want to make sure he's ok." Ember nodded, and K.J was already gone. I walked off, unknowing if Ember was following or not.

~Dr.Seuss.

49 Reviews

MilkNCookies says...

Luke

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" K.J yelled, morphing from his dragon form back into a human. I barely noticed when ember grasped my hand, but I did when she practically dragged me to the crowd. Pouting Jeb stayed behind with Nack. I grinned at him, since my act shouldn't be too far behind. They loved to preform, but I despised it. The only reason I stayed was for nick, the people, and the only place I was accepted with my powers. I watched the two lions flip and twirl. I realized how similar our acts are. Her's is aimed towards disbeleif, but mine is more... graceful, acrobatic. But, mostly the same concept. Cat grinned an bowed, long with the lions, when her act was finished, and Nick sent them backstage. Nicked called back some name I didn't know, and big man entered the stage.

"Let's go." I mumbled to both of them. "I have more practicing I need to do. Jeb isn't twirling quite right; I want to make sure he's ok." Ember nodded, and K.J was already gone. I walked off, unknowing if Ember was following or not.

~Dr.Seuss.

49 Reviews

MilkNCookies says...

Luke

~Dr.Seuss.

49 Reviews

MilkNCookies says...

Luke

~Dr.Seuss.

180 Reviews

Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:24 pm
Cspr says...

K.J.:

I frown a bit, watching the act for another second, before wandering deeper back stage or whatever, trying to figure out who I was supposed to help this time.

No one ever told me anything.

"Um, hello?" I call quietly, attaching myself to the nearest shadow and moving towards it.

I just want to be the side character in a book that basically steals the whole series.
— avianwings47