z

Young Writers Society

Blood Type (Open to all!)

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:00 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Sorry, I can't keep this up. Your going to have to kill me, take me to jail, or control me also. I'M REALLLLLY SORRYYYY!!!!!!
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:47 pm
Lauren2010 says...

That's okay, Dragon. And guys, can we watch the cursing a little? There's been a bit more than is probably necessary for this site. Thanks!

I'll post later, I'm a bit busy now.
Got YWS?

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:37 am
jok101 says...

you must be really busy

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:22 pm
*coco says...

Are we still doing this?

Dmitri Collins

“Mrs. Von Ray, I just got your message...” Dmitri spoke on the phone, trying to control the panic he was now feeling inside him. “What’s going on?”

“Oh, Dmitri...” Mrs. Von Ray wept, “I don’t know what happened! We were all asleep, and then the next morning I go into Alex and Bella’s room and find that they’re both gone!” She sniffed before continuing. “I don’t understand, they didn’t even leave a note...and now we’re hearing on the news that Vampires are being hunted and that my children’s’ DNA were found at a crime scene-”

“Mrs. Von Ray, listen to me...” Dmitri cut in. He had no idea what was going on. “I don’t know what happened to Alex but I spoke to Isabella a few hours ago.”

“You did?” Mrs. Von Ray breathed. “Where is she, is she alright?”

“She seemed to be, yes,” replied Dmitri. “I’ve told her to meet me at a secure location.”

“Where?”

“I’m afraid I can’t tell you, Mrs. Von Ray. As you know, these are dangerous times...we vampires can’t afford to compromise our security. Rest assure, Isabella will be fine.”

“But what about Alex?” she asked faintly.

Dmitri pinched the bridge of his nose in defeat. “I-I don’t know, Mrs. Von Ray,” he said, “but if we hear from him, I’ll be sure to let you know.”

After he put the phone down, Dmitri could again feel the powerful blood lust begin to burn inside him. He looked up at the clock and realised that it was time for his next dose of his serum. Walking over to the new makeshift laboratory, he opened the refridgerator and grabbed one of the serum bottles. As he seated himself on the edge of the worktop and prepared to inject himself yet again, he sighed in frustration. Isabella still hadn’t arrived yet, her brother Alex was missing, and a crazed vampire killer was now on the loose...this day was getting worse by the hour...

His professor sat silently at the computer and watched Dmitri with a mixture of sadness and pity. His most celebrated student looked paler and more ill by the minute and there was nothing he could do to help him...
Last edited by *coco on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

541 Reviews

Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:22 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Yeah, we are. I'm so sorry guys, I'm swamped this week and I was away for the weekend. I'll post as soon as I manage to get stuff done I promise.
Got YWS?

541 Reviews

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:56 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Okay, wow, so sorry for not posting at all for pretty much ever. Shall we get this going again?

Peter Harving and Tom Gray

Peter pulled up to the old boarding house. He jogged around the car and opened the door for Isabella, but let Tom get out on his own. Alice and Claire followed him, only one of the back doors of the old, busted-up car even opened anymore.

"Let's get inside," Peter said. "I'll take care of the car once you're all inside."

A young man met them at the door. Isabella informed them that Dmitri had sent them, and asked where he was.

"Dmitri is hung up in the lab," the young vampire said. "He sent me to take care of the new arrivals. So you're Isabella?" She nodded and he eyed the rest of the group. "She's human," he pointed to Claire.

"She's with us, she's fine," Peter said. "She won't be a problem."

"You're Peter Harving," the young vampire said. "You're all over the news, all of you are all over the news."

"We know, alright," Peter said. He clenched and unclenched his fists, they needed to get inside. Standing out in a group in the open was not a good idea at this point. "Dmitri sent us, we're not going to cause problems."

"You might not," he said. He looked past Peter at Tom who stood with his arms crossed in front of his chest at the back of the group. "But he will. Tom, you're all over the news, and the police waves." He gestured back into the house. "We've got people on the scanners, listening in. We can't let him stay here, it's too dangerous."

"You have to!" Isabella insisted. "Dmitri said-"

"I don't care what Dmitri said," the young man growled. "I have control of this house right now, and I don't have a deathwish. Tom Gray will not set foot inside this building."

A middle-aged woman appeared at the young vampire's side. "Lance," she said. "We have-" She glanced at the crowd, her eyes settling on Tom. "We have a problem. The cops are on to us, they know he's headed here," she pointed at Tom, "we have to clear out of here now."

The young vampire glared at Tom. "You've done it again, Gray. How does it feel to be the most hated vampire alive?"

"Pretty damn good," Tom said. "Listen, you let these ones inside. I'll take off, get rid of the car, and lead the cops away. You'll be fine, at least for a while."

Peter stared at Tom, wide-eyed. "Tom, what's up with you?"

Lance interrupted before he could answer. "Come on inside then, and hurry, we don't need to bring any more attention to ourselves."

Isabella, Claire, and Alice followed Lance inside, but Peter lingered on the porch. "What are you doing, Tom?" he asked. "Like hell you'll lead the cops away. You're gonna skip town and leave us all here to die."

Tom sighed. "Listen, Pete. I know I've never done anything to make up for your family. I know you hate me because of it. But you gotta know something, Pete. You gotta know. I ran with that crew for a short time before that incident. I taught them the ropes. I taught them to kill."

"Why are you telling me this, Tom," Peter said through gritten teeth. His gaze focused at his feet. "I don't want to hear this, Tom. I know what happened."

"Just listen," he insisted. "Those kids were crazed. They took the kills further than just a need for blood once the banks started closing. They were a gang of murderers. I'm glad the cops that night of your family... I'm glad the cops killed them all." He stopped and reached into his pocket. "I can't make it up to you, Pete, I know that. But here, have this." He grasped the thin silver chain of a heart-shaped locket in his fist. The silver heart spun slowly in a circe, the setting sun shining on the intricate designs that covered it. "Your sister was wearing it that night. I don't know why I took it, but I've had it ever since."

Peter took the locket and held it in the palm of his hand. He snapped it open. On either side was an old, faded picture. One side was his parents, smiling together in each others arms. The other side was a picture of himself, his sister on his lap. He looked up at Tom, but he was already heading across the yard.

"Where are you going?" Peter asked. His throat was thick, and he knew he sounded choked up.

Tom looked back, the keys to Peter's old beaten-up car swinging around his index finger. "To be reckless one last time," he said. Peter watched from the porch as Tom slid into the drivers seat, turned the ignition, and peeled out of the driveway.

*Jok, I leave the rest up to you regarding confrontation with Tom*
Got YWS?

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:07 pm
*coco says...

Dmitri Collins

Dmitri headed upstairs into the living room to see what was going on. To his relief, he saw that Isabella was there, along with some other vampires she had most probably brought with her. If anything would have happened to her along the way Mr and Mrs Von Ray would never forgive him.

“Here, drink this,” he said, handing her a fresh pack of blood. He turned to the others and handed over some more. As they all gratefully drank to their fill, Dmitri addressed them

“My GPS is picking up a police car, which means you were all followed.”

Isabella nodded. “We didn’t know, Tom said-”

Tom?” Dmitri interrupted, he had heard that name before, “Is this the same Tom that got us into this mess in the first place?” he asked.

“Yes,” they all replied.

“What the hell were you thinking bringing him with you?” Dmitri asked Isabella. “Every cop in the city is out looking to put a bullet in his head!”

“We couldn’t leave him!” Isabella protested. “Besides he’s dealing with it,”

“What do you mean?”

“He just left, said he was going to get rid of the cops for us so that they don’t find out about this place.”

Dmitri shook his head and turned to look at his professor. “That’s probably the smartest thing he’s done so far...” He watched the GPS tracker on his cell-phone and saw the police car signal slowly drift away from the boarding house. He breathed a sigh of relief before turning to face them all. “Okay, you guys make yourselves comfortable, other vampires should be arriving soon, we have enough provisions to last us a good few months, so don’t leave this house under any circumstances, and if you need me I’ll be downstairs in the basement...”

“Don’t worry, D,” said Lance. “I’ll keep an eye on them.”

“How’s the cure coming along?” Isabella asked Dmitri, just before he left.

“Fine,” he lied before heading back to the lab.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:53 am
Cspr says...

Name: Rupert
Age: (No one will be older than 22. It would be impossible. The first Vampire was discovered 22 years prior to the date of this story). 18 yrs. old
Species: (Human or Vampire) Vampire
Blood Type: AB+
Side: (For Vampirism or Against) For
Appearance: He is quite tall, standing at about 6'3", with broad shoulders. He has dark, slightly curly, brown hair, a friendly, makes-old-women-trust-him sort of face (without a big smile, though, of course), and amber eyes. He tends to dress unusually well. He is fairly handsome, but not very toned and quite pasty pale.
Personality: He can be charming and suave, but he seems...different, no matter what he does. His thought process is a little warped and the fact he thinks he can "pretend" to be whoever he wants shows a slight instability, perhaps. He's nice enough, though. You know, when he's not hungry.
Brief History: He doesn't remember much of his childhood, just "blurs" (or so he claims). He lives off his rich Uncle's money; since he was the only benefactor in the will.
Occupation: (If any) None so far. He's done odd end jobs--all sorts--but he gets fired as soon as they figure out, ahem, how odd he truly is.

Name: Stacey M. Young
Age: (No one will be older than 22. It would be impossible. The first Vampire was discovered 22 years prior to the date of this story). 22 yrs. old
Species: (Human or Vampire) Human
Blood Type: O+
Side: (For Vampirism or Against) For
Appearance: She stands at an average height--5'5"--and isn't overly skinny, even if she does keep herself in good shape. She has tortoiseshell-colored glasses, square-framed, over her slightly heart-shaped, yet square, face with its high cheekbones and arched eyebrows. She also has pale, honey-blonde hair, big, dark blue eyes, and lighter-colored skin.
Personality: Normally quiet but outspoken when the need is great enough, she's rather shy and has a hard time thinking of herself in good terms, she's very kind and gentle to other people, especially people who are sick. She continues to have a medical condition doctors cannot diagnose that causes her to have an elevated heart rate and adrenal production rate, after all.
Brief History: She was a child protégé, learning things, any sort, much faster than her classmates. She was out of high school by the time she was a freshman and got her Master's Degree shortly after that. She's now working off the time she needs before she can become a fully fledged genetic researcher, or councilor. Depending on what she wants...
My SPD senses are tingling.

My tongue must tell the anger of my heart, or else my heart, concealing it, will break...
— Katherine, The Taming of the Shrew