z

Young Writers Society

In Search of One's Soul

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:41 am
TNCowgirl says...

*Sense my girl can't die :D, I'll post I might be gone for a while, I don't know*

Senna heard the clattering of a coin on the ground. She tried to pry her eyes open and they barely opened. The coin had rolled a few feet from here and Kyles quickly walked over and looked down at it.

"Tails," He said triumphently, "Now, wheres the antidote?" He demanded, Senna's mouth was dry she slowly looked towards the girl.

She better hurry, Crest said weakly,

It's getting dark again, She wispered back,

Don't give in, Senna, don't give in.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:18 am
sylverdawn says...

"Well you win some, you lose some." Squall rolled her eyes, shrugging she went over to the kitchen, and started going through the cabinets. After she had a dozen or so herbs sitting on the counter, she turned to look at Carly, who was hugging the panther daemon.

"Hey forest girl? You don't have any Tsukinamida flowers. They only grow in these woods, why don't you have any?"

Everyone looked at her angrily. "What do you mean?" Kyles demanded "I won the bet so give us the antidote."

Squall glared at the tall boy, for once letting the emotional mask she wore crack, her anger seeped through, lethal and almost tangible, a small breeze stirred through the house. "When you've been poisoned as many times as I have, you learn a few things. Blood Poison antidote only works if its brewed fresh. And dew from the Tsukinamida is the key ingredient. The poison's slow acting, so she'll be fine for a few more weeks."

"Can't you make the antidote without that ingredient?" The question came from Carly, everyone could tell she didn't want to go to the place where the flowers bloomed, something was scaring her.

Sighing Squall rubbed her temples as if she had a headache. "What part of KEY ingredient didn't you here? The poison may not kill her a while, but if I gave her the antidote without that flower, she'd die instantly."

"But its not really a problem," She told them when it looked like Kyles would hit her out of sheer frustration. "The poison kills through siezures, she should be fine in few minutes. And if we leave now we can get the dew by dawn. Forest girl should know where the flowers bloom."

"I don't want to go, but if it saves Senna I guess we have to." Carly said pulling Jessie close to her.

"Why are you so afraid of that place Carly?" True to Squall's prediction Senna was already sitting up, and some color was returning to her cheeks.

Carly stood up and looked around the room. Ebony and Jason were tense but outwardly calm, Darci looked scared, Senna was curious and worried, and Kyles and the thief, Squall, were glaring daggers at each other.

"Because for the last twelve years, no one who has gone near those woods has ever come out alive. Not even the people of the woods, a monster roams there. That place is Noware, Cursed Ground."

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:55 am
darchoco says...

Kyles lifted Senna into his arms, secretly giving her a kiss on the forehead. "I will make sure you get through this."

"Hmm." A small grin was forced onto her face.

you are getting attached to this one. Seline chuckled in his mind.

This isn't a time to be cracking jokes! Kyles criticized, laying Senna carefully on his daemon's back.

The tiger's eyes thinned. I know. I'm just saying it gives you a vigor I haven't seen in you before.

He nodded slightly in agreement. He turned to the group, all lost on what to do. "All worried about a beast, eh? Well I am willing to lay my life on the line for this. No beast is going to stop me from saving her. Carly, I need you to come with me. Please."

She nodded her head hesitantly. "O-okay."

He smiled in return, but his small affection disappeared as it fell on the cause of the problem. "And you." His dagger-like stare had no effect on her. "You are coming as well."
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?
life is a puzzle. want to put it together with me?

66 Reviews

Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:34 am
sylverdawn says...

Squall took great pleasure, in the knowledge that ignoring the boy, annoyed him so much, he was obviously the type that didn't like it when he was dismissed. Scooping up the herbs she put them in her bag with a bowl, cup, and spoon.

"Yeah, yeah... Whatever. Wind we're leaving." Striding forward, Squall bent down and picked up her long daggers. Like the coin they were made of the same stone and had majical markings on them. She put them in the crossed leather sheaths on her belt and walked out the door, with the cheetah close on her heels.

The others couldn't help but notice she made no sound as she moved. Her clothes didn't rustle, and you couldn't even hear her footsteps. She turned back to the others tapping her foot impatiently. "I take it the others are staying to guard Darci in case the merry gang of idiots comes calling again?"

Kyles and Carly walked out the door after the thief, their daemon's following. Senna was nervous, rubbing Seline's fur she thought about the thief trying to place where she'd heard the name Squall.

Suddenly Senna remembered where she had seen the other girls face, on a dead or alive wanted poster, with a ridiculously huge bounty. She raised her head and studied the girl's back, wanted for stealing the sixth largest collection of majical artifacts in the entire world. Who only went after the most valuable stuff. Senna was staring at the back of Squall fer Toran.

110 Reviews

Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:48 am
TNCowgirl says...

Crest sat up on Senna's shoulder as they made their way through the woods. She was tired but she wanted to walk none the less.

Its Squall fer Toran, you know the huge theif, the one that only goes for the best majical artafacts? She said to him,

Ah yes, that doesn't matter right now, sense we are fine for now, what is with you and Kyles? Crest asked leaning up against her cheek. Carly stopped for a second and looked around. Senna took her chance to hope of Seline's back to walk. That might not have been a good move.

I want to walk, I feel fine, just a tad tired. She replied. Seline looked back at her and then at Kyles. She seemed to say something to Kyles and he turned around and looked at her. Before he could say anything she smiled,

"I feel fine, and I want to walk. If I don't feel good I'll see if Seline will let me ride her again, but for now I feel fine." She said hoping she reassured him.

*OK, in like 30 minutes I am outta here for a few days :D, for real this time :D*
Want a Readers crit???

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:53 pm
darchoco says...

Kyles still slowed his pace until he was beside Senna. He put his arm around her, half for support and half for... something else. Crest chirped uncomfortably, and hopped over to her other shoulder. Seline let out a low growl, and looked up at the fretting bird.

he doesn't like you there. Seline said, rolling her eyes as much as a tiger could. And now he is complaining to me.

Kyles laughed, and Senna looked at him quizzically. "What is it?"

He let the smile stay on his lips as he looked at her. "Oh, Crest is annoyed with me being here."

She returned the smile, and slowly wrapped her arms around his waist. "Well, he will just have to live with it..."

"This isn't a picnic, move faster!" Squall called back, obviously annoyed with their antics.

They quickly pulled away, and Senna sat herself back on Seline. The moment was over.
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?
life is a puzzle. want to put it together with me?

110 Reviews

Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:39 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Senna still felt Kyles arm around her. She was upset that the moment had been broken but she could do nothing about it. They stopped at a good camping spot. The illness seemed to notice and her side started to hurt again. Crest flew off her shoulder and landed on her knee after she sat down. She bit into her lip trying to ignore the pain but it wouldn't leave. Crest squeaked uncomfortably as the pains grew stronger.

"h...How much longer until we get there." She managed to breath out.

"Not to long." Came the reply, Carly was cooking and hadn't noticed her pained voice. Senna was thankful for this. She clutched her sides as Crest curled up against her side.
Want a Readers crit???

66 Reviews

Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:44 am
sylverdawn says...

Squall looked at the others and tried to stifle a smile, these people were pretty interesting. Quickly she stood up, stretching stiff muscles. "Relax i've been blood poisoned before myself you don't need to worry. Once you take the antidote you even get an immunity to the poison."

Turning she started to walk into the forest, but Kyles stopped her. "Hold it where are you going?"

Wind growled at the boy, but Squall simply looked at him. "Guess you still don't trust me. I'm going to the bathroom stupid." She laughed at how red his face went before turning and going into the forest. Squall called back to the group. "We shouldn't stay long, remember we have to reach the field by sunrise, and a fire would attract that MONSTER wouldn't it?"
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first.
— Mark Twain