z

Young Writers Society

War of Zynar

194 Reviews

Reviews: 194
Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:16 pm
greenjay says...

Come on guys, you just have to wrap up your character then we'll be done...it's not that hard.
the greenjay strikes again...

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:13 am
TNCowgirl says...

I think I did mine :D
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:49 pm
Knurla says...

She changed back into her human structure as more people were leaving the group, probably to do better things with their lives. She didn't really care. Her shoulder was drenched in blood, but the pain was not overwhelming; she had become used to such wounds. I guess I'll take my leave now.

No sooner had she thought it, her wildcat friend had emerged from the woods and met her halfway. "I guess you'll be going back home now?" His eyes flickered to her shoulder, then back to her face.

"Yes, go ahead of me and tell the villagers I need plenty of food and water. This will heal before I get there. I shall take my time behind you." He simply nodded at her words and sped off into the woods, wasting no time. She kept her pace even, and followed behind on the familiar trail home.

194 Reviews

Reviews: 194
Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:21 pm
greenjay says...

Deron

Tas stood tall on the sparkling wall. It had taken much work to restore the city to the grandure that it was now in, just as it had taken a long time for him to get to where he now stood. It had not been his plan, in fact, it had not even crossed his mind that such a thing might happen. Yet there he stood, on top of the north wall of the city of Xnrom, capital of the Kingdom of Zynar. An old man approached him, carrying a shining golden crown. Did he deserve this? No, but that was the way of life. He would do the best with the unmerited responsibility that had been given him.

He dropped to one knee, and the old man placed the crown slowly onto his head. Tas stood slowly and looked out over the masses of people...his people. At a trumpet call they bowed, the old man beside him too bowed. Tas raised his hand uncertainly, and they stood.

He cleared his throat nervously, thinking through all that he had thought of saying. Then he spoke, his words quick and short, "I will do all I can to do what is best for my people."

A sudden cheer broke out and soon everyone joined in, shaking even the wall on which the king now stood. The king could not help a smile as he looked out over his exuberent people. Suddenly someone caught his eye, and he looked more intently. Sure enough, on top of a far away roof, stood Quin. Beside her was a small boy, his black hair blowing in the wind. The king bowed.

~The End
the greenjay strikes again...

Defeat has its lessons as well as victory.
— Pat Buchanan