z

Young Writers Society

The Seekers

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:30 am
View Likes
Kinsley says...

This is a story I have already writen many chapters for but I wanted to see what others could do with it and how it could develop. This story could go anywhere and I hope you have as much fun thinking of the possibilities as I did. I have a list of charachters and their powers for you to chose from but you control their personality, what they look like, and how they would react to different situations. There are many different ones to chose from so feel free to look around. Here they are:

Merian (Leader of the Sentinel, Immortal)
Lord Alexandrian (Council Member) *No specific power*
Adam Mitchell (Truthseeking, Manipulating the Elements, Speed Reading)
Logan Freeman (Theft)
Sarabeth/Lady Arabeth (Council Member) *No specific power*
Genevieve (Regeneration, Mind Reading)
Addie Mitchell (Mind Reading, Teleportation)
Elizabeth Williams (Truthseeking, Invisibility, Healing)
Isabeau Stevens (Shape Shifter, Shield)
Isabella Stevens (Can Talk to Animals, Premonitions)
Kayleigh Nicole (Weather Control, Animation)
Aubrey Mitchell (Electricity)

And those are just the good chrachters!

Here are the bad:

Eris (Leader of the Unity, Immortal)
Lady Alexandria (Unity Advisor) *No specific power*
Azeri (Magician)
Drew Daniels (Can teleport objects with his mind)
Zachary Williams (Illusions)
Piper Coleman (Can freeze objects in midair)
Lady Alexandria (Can walk through things)

Not all charachters have to be claimed. If you do write for someone elses chrachter please stay in that chrachter. ie: If someone stated earlier that Piper was afraid of bugs don't say that Piper fearlessly faced a bug in her room.

If you have any questions especially about powers just ask.

Please Enjoy!

Sarabeth kicks a stone as she walks down the lonely mountain. The sleeting snow has already soaked through all of her clothes and chills her to the bone. Curly, blond hair clings to her face as she lifts her head and turns to look at the top of Terry Mountain. Other jagged mountain peaks pierce the black, night sky but this one is by far the largest. She stares at it for a moment then turns back around. Startled, she draws back quickly. There is a man in front of her. He towers over her and his shaggy black hair hangs over fierce blue eyes that bore into her own. Sensing danger, she flicks out a knife from her boot. The man she recognizes as Drew Daniels puts his hand on her shoulder.

“Come on, Sarabeth, put that down. If you just come with me there will be no need for a fight,” he says with a fake smile. He reaches up to brush the snow from her face. Sarabeth glares at him, shrugs out of his grasp, and tightens her grip on the knife. Drew frowns at this and says, “Well, if you won’t come willingly I will just have to force you!” As Drew’s eyes close for a brief second, Sarabeth attacks. Suddenly, a dagger appears in Drew’s hand. He anticipates her attack and quickly counters it. Occupying him with her short forward thrusts, Sarabeth silently snakes her foot behind his and jerks it forward. Drew’s legs fall out from under him and he lands face up on the ground. Sarabeth kicks the dagger from his hand and pins him to the ground with her foot. As Sarabeth brushes away the snow from her eyes, Drew makes two new daggers appear, one in each hand. With deadly accuracy he flings one dagger at the knife in Sarabeth’s hand. She jerks her hand back and both the knife and the dagger go flying. With his other dagger he slices into Sarabeth’s ankle which releases him from her pin. Drew quickly gets up and seizes her by the arms and positions her back to his chest. He places the knife on her throat and holds it there. Her eyes widen and she takes a deep, shuddery breath.

“So, you want to fight dirty, huh? Well it’s a two way street, Honey. Now tell me everything you know about the Sentinel,” he growls.

“The Sentinel? I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.” She replies smugly.

“You know very well what I’m talking about and I suggest you tell me what I want to know very soon,” he hisses through clenched teeth. At this she just turns her head away. Getting frustrated and very impatient, Drew pushes the dagger further into her throat until a thin trickle of blood flows from it.

“Go ahead and kill me. You’ll get nothing from me,” Sarabeth says calmly while trying to retain her mask of indifference.

“Who are you to say I can’t try?” Drew says as he puts his dagger away. He soon produces a rock in his hand and turns Sarabeth around to face him but still keeps a firm grip on her arms. Drew brings his arm above his head and holds the rock over her threateningly. Sarabeth simply stares at him, oblivious to the imminent danger she’s in. When she doesn’t reply he makes to strike her but stops his arm, inches above her face.

“Speak now and I will spare you,” Drew says menacingly. Sarabeth just shakes her head. Drew’s eyes flash with anger and he loses control. All of a sudden, he starts striking her with the rock issuing blow after blow to the head. As the brilliant sparkle leaves her eyes Sarabeth exhales and goes limp in Drew’s arms. He leaves her unconscious in the snow and makes a hasty retreat down the mountain. Thinking she will die, he feels a small pang of regret when he remembers her three children.
Last edited by Kinsley on Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To M.J.,

I hope you can forgive me,
Though I'll never forgive myself.
Until again, my friend

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:14 pm
View Likes
Araidne says...

I call elizabeth williams! :P
Out flew the web, and floated wide,
The mirror cracked from side to side.
'The curse has come upon me' cried
The Lady of Shalott

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:40 pm
Siam says...

So do you call Sarabeth, or what?
"It is better to hope than to despair; To love than to hate;
To question than accept; To be strong than weak;
To do something rather than nothing; To live than to die;
To be free than be bound"
Yours truly, Siam

22 Reviews

Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:40 pm
Kinsley says...

Yup, she is mine.
To M.J.,

Until again, my friend

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:48 pm
Siam says...

Okay then.

Drew walked down the mountain until he came to the house that he knew belonged to Sarabeth. He placed his ear to the door and listened closely.

"Mom should be back by now," he heard a young voice say.

"She'll be here any minute, Adam. Be patient," said another voice.

Drew was about to knock on the door when a slim figure stepped up behind him.

"Get away from them you monster!" Genevieve whispered hoarsly. Drew turned around and flashed her an innocent smile.

"I was just checking up on the children. It's not safe for them to be home alone. Their mother should know better. I wonder why she's not caring for them," he said with a nasy smile.
"It is better to hope than to despair; To love than to hate;
To question than accept; To be strong than weak;
To do something rather than nothing; To live than to die;
To be free than be bound"
Yours truly, Siam

22 Reviews

Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:02 pm
Kinsley says...

I'm guessing that ypu are Drew. Siam, this isn't fair (controling two charachters). You have read my story and you know who Genevieve is. You shouldn't drag her into the story yet. There will be too many charachters to deal with. Let someone else be her.
Last edited by Kinsley on Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To M.J.,

Until again, my friend

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:33 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

To be fair, since it is a Storybook, Siam can do what he likes with the characters. As you said, the story could go anywhere.
Love and Light

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:50 am
Seriena says...

I want to be Genevieve! But you have to tell me who she is.

I'm guessing that Sarabeth is the mother of the children in the house. Is Drew there to kill them too?

"Ha! I know what you did to her. You can forget about the children, I won't let you touch them," Genevieve says coldly. Drew puts his arms up in defense.

"Hey, now. See? I'm leaving. But don't worry, I'll be back." Genevieve just glares at him as he walks back down the driveway. When he is completely out of sight Genevieve knocks softly on the door. A young boy answers but doesn't open the door all the way.

"Who are you?" he asks in a small voice. Genevieve knelt down on her knees so that she was eye level with the boy.

"Hello, there. You must be Adam. My name is Genevieve and I am a friend of your mom's. She sent me to come check on you. She's been gone longer than she expected and wanted me to make sure you kids were okay." Genevieve sticks her hand through the crack in the doorway for the boy to shake and offers him a sincere smile. He shakes it warily but doesn't open the door any further. Instead he leaves her at the door to go get his sister. Genevieve takes the moment to think about what she is going to tell the children and what she is going to do with them.

She felt horrible about them being left alone. Of course, Sarabeth only intented to be gone a few minutes. But they were still left in a large house unprotected. Genevieve sighs and pushes up from the ground. When Adam returns he brings along his younger sister.

"You can come in," he says in a dull tone and opens the door wider. When Genevieve steps inside she notices that Addie not only has her baby sister on her hip she also has a crudely packed duffel bag at her side.

"She's gone isn't she?" Addie asks in a solemn, teary voice. Genevieve bends down on her knee and opens her arms wide. Both siblings rush into her arms.

"How did you know?" Genevieve asks against Addie's neck. Adam pulls away.

"She told us a while back that if anything were to happen to her, a woman with long, blond hair would come for us. She said to trust you and go with you. That's why you're here isn't it?" Genevieve nods and lets a silent tear slip down her cheek. She glances at baby Aubry. Her face is twisted up in huge frown as if she knows what's going on. Genevieve carefully lifts the baby out of Addie's arms and whispers soothing words to her.

"You're going to have to come with me for a while, okay?" She watches tears sping to Addie's eyes but she lifts the bag up indicating that they are ready to leave. Genevieve places a comforting hand on Adam's shoulder and leads him out the door. When they are all outside Genevieve turns to shut off the light and lock the door. She whispers a silent goodbye to the memory filled house and shuts the door.

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:20 pm
misspriss says...

Er--never mind. This looks very interesting. I'm going to watch it develop for a bit before I decide wether or not I join. I'm doing a ton of storybooks as it is...
Last edited by misspriss on Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:37 pm
View Likes
Esmé says...

This can turn out to be interesting... I'll probably join, but first I want to see how this starts to turn out, ok? I know, a pathetic post but I claimed Alexandra (then I realised that I probably won;t have much time...)

22 Reviews

Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:18 am
View Likes
Kinsley says...

Since Sarabeth won't play a part until later, I'm going to be Adam for right now. Only until some one claims him though.

My legs hurt and Addie keeps complaining but I promised myself I wouldn't cry. Not anymore. I have to be the strong one now. Genevieve leads us up a big hill which she calls Terry Mountain. It's steep and I keep sliping on the snow but Mommy told me to trust her so I push on. To pass the time Genevieve tells us stories. They're about sword fighting and traveling into the past. It's all very neat.

"I'm thirsty," Addie moans. Aubry smacks her chubby hands together and smiles. Apparently she's not unhappy like Addie. Genevieve shifts her to her other hip and continues to lead the way. Finally we come to the big waterfall that bunches of people come here to see.

"No!" I yell as Genevieve steps forward to walk through it. I grab her arm and tug her away. She bends down to my side and smiles.

"Look," she says pointing at it. Everyone's eyes remain fixed on it as it parts down the middle.

"Whoa!" Addie exclaims. The rock wall behind the waterfall disappears and Genevieve leads us through. My jaw drops open when I see what's inside.
To M.J.,

Until again, my friend

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:03 pm
View Likes
VamPirate says...

I love evil characters. Is Eris a girl? If she is, I call Eris!

- VamPirate
* ~ !Check Out My Poem 'Since Forever' In The Young Writers Literary Journal! ~ *

=]

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:20 pm
TNCowgirl says...

I think this was dead.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

gonna be honest, i dont believe in the moon
— sheyren