z

Young Writers Society

The Pirate King's Gold

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed May 09, 2007 9:32 pm
Lilith says...

Hayden grabbed up a spare rope and, thankful that he had worn gloves, wisked his way down from the crows nest to the deck. With more scruttiny then he dared before, he examined his partially destroyed quarters. Little was left except for his cot and some stray papers. The clothes that had survived were soaked and limp on the ground.

"Its good to be near old friends." His eyes wandered off from his quarters to the ships that were flagging each other down several leages east. "It has been quiet a while."
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Thu May 10, 2007 2:46 am
blackwings_angel says...

IS it too late for me to join in? If so just Pm me.

Name: James Taylor
postition: 1st man of the Black Plague
Appearance: Long straggly black hair, piercing green eyes, and a stubbly mustache and goutee. Looks exactly like like picture but in normal clothes not captains clothes. {Think clothes of POTC if you want clothes of that time period. Has a hat like captn Jack}
Weapons: His hook, and his longsword, always carries two pistols in his belt.

Bio: was sold to the pirates when his mother's pub wasn't making enough money. Vowed to come back one day with all the moeny she'll need. Unfortunetly has fell in love with the pirating business.
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu May 10, 2007 5:39 pm
RatchetWriter says...

This is story is hard for me to follow, but I'm making a short effort.

The Black Revenge had seen better days.
Last night there had been a terrible storm, and Saldo had only just taken over the ship.

The ship was torn up, but was watertight. Men scrambled around on rigging, trying to get some jury-rigged spars up, so they could get to land.

There was an island in the distance that was there goal, and they already had one sail up, so Saldo was optimisstic.
Going into the cabin, he opened some drawers, hoping to find some seacharts, to tell him where he was.

Finding only one thing in this particular draw, he went ahead and spread it on the table.

A treasure map.

With that treasure he could buy himself whatever he wanted, and since he had taken a fancy to the water, that meant a new ship, cannon, and all the other things to.

Well they couldn't set off until they reached the island, so he'd just have to wait.

And blackwings, I'm sure it's not to late, just hop in somewhere.

And to everyone else, please feel free to write about my guy, as I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to keep up with this.
He's calm, that's about all I can say about his personality.

They're going to hijack a ship before they reach the island, something along the lines of "they race towards the other ship with cannonballs flying either side of them, their mast is ripped off, the galley blown up, but they manage to sling grappling hooks over the other ship and take it. :D

Then they sail off for the treasure in it.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Fri May 11, 2007 9:04 am
Dynamo says...

While their captors had their attention directed to Rayan jumping off the ship Rykan used his claws to cut the binds around his wrists. He thought, They overlooked one very important fact when they tied me up, cats have claws. When the binds broke Rykan made sure his captors hadn't caught on yet. They hadn't. He went around and freed a few more of his crew mates, telling each one to free the rest of them. When he freed three crew members he took out a few of his knives and threw them into the backs of a few of his captors.

The battle on the two ships raged on again. Rykan knew the others could handle the battle. He went to the edge of the ship where Rayan fell. He looked over the edge at the water below and said, "I hate water." before diving in to save his captain.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Fri May 11, 2007 11:04 am
Alice says...

Rayan saw Rykan dive into the water and felt sorry for him. She knew how much he hated to be in the water.

"Captian!" he shouted.

"Keep your voice down Rykan! Come on we're going to Oliver's ship."

"Why?"

"Trust me okay?"

*breif sorry but i'm gonna be late*
I just lost the game.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Fri May 11, 2007 12:04 pm
Lilith says...

The men didn't need orders to get things mended. They were only the best he could find and they were diligent workers. Rather, he opened the hatch to the storage area below deck. Water had begun to slosh back in but he did mind the liquids cool feel.

Silently he found a small black box in a far corner, stored high on a shelf. Opening the lid, he removed a small map and layed it out on a table.

When he returned to the surface - the damage half fixed - he called to his men. "Hurry. We've still got a scedual to keep."
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Sat May 12, 2007 7:20 pm
Alice says...

*Dynamo's turn*
I just lost the game.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sun May 13, 2007 12:41 am
Dynamo says...

(Oh, right. Sorry.)

Rykan and his captain began to climb up the side of the Cutlass. Rayan used a rope that was hanging over the side of the ship. Rykan used his claws to scale the side of the wooden hull.

As they climbed Rykan bickered to himself, "Man, it's gonna take me all day to clean myself..." He turned to his captain. "Hey, any ideas of how we're going to get past all of your friend's crew?"

"Most of them are already distracted by the battle, it shouldn't be too hard to slip past them."

"But what if you're wrong?" Rykan asked.

Rayan smiled at him. "When have I ever been wrong?"

"Good point."

A cannon sounded from the Dragon Fly. A gaping hole was blown into the side of the Cutlass just a few meters away. After shielding his eyes from the debris Rykan saw another way into the ship. "Well, that works." He turned to his captain. "Grab onto my back. We can get in through that hole."
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun May 13, 2007 10:44 pm
blackwings_angel says...

alright im too confused and i haven't done anything so i have to quit this one.
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Mon May 14, 2007 11:45 pm
Bella says...

I hope I'm not late. Actually, this is a decent jump in time.
Name: Tristanii (Tris-tan-ee)
Position: Stowaway on the Cutlass
Hair: Jet black
Eyes: Silver
Weapon: any sword; her brother taught her how to use any type.
Bio: After her brothers disappearance on a pirate ship, she decides to go out an find him. Her life was easy because her family always had extra money.

Tristanii dared to stick her head just a few inches out from behind the board when she heard someone fiddle with the door.
"It's locked!" a female said from the outside. "Open it!" There was a loud crack when what looked like giant claws went through the wood. Tris stiffled a yelp of shock and ducked back otu of view when the two people walked in.
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue May 15, 2007 11:54 pm
RatchetWriter says...

Holy Smokes!

Okay sorry guys, I just don't think I'm going to be able to keep up with this.

Guess my characters boat sunk and everybody drowned. Unless someone else wants to use him. But don't take on the extra work if you don't want to.

"It's not nice to roast people when they're out of comebacks."
— Tuckster