z

Young Writers Society

The Opression

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:58 am
Dark Lordess says...

Seyla squinted, trying to block out the light. The sun was streaming through the trees, onto her face. It took her a few minutes to realize something was wrong. Her arm no longer throbbed. Seyla stared down at her hand. It was clean and wrapped in a fresh bandage.

Seyla shuddered. She was no longer welcome among the Dashuben, and an elf wouldn't likely have healed someone in Dashuben uniform. So who had? Probably some fool who couldn't bear to see me suffering, she smirked. Oh well, I'm not complaining. As long as whoever it was stays away form me now. Whoever or whatever. There were all sorts of strange tales about the elven forests...

Seyla tossed aside her armor. Their was no use in keeping it anymore. Pounding hooves echoed through the forest, followed by a far off scream. The Dashuben were returning. Seyla drew her knife and sneered, sprinting off in the direction of the scream.
If you have to ask me why I write, you would never understand...

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:25 pm
Goldenheart says...

Pinkle and Flin stood breathless inside the building. It was too dark to see what sort of building it was, but the stuffy odor of hay and the pitchforks lined against the walls hinted at a barn.
Ragged laughs and shouts erupted outside, harsh gloating over spoils of war.
Flin's quick gaze darted from the door to the walls.
"Hmph." he said, forcing his voice down, "No windows. Peachy."
Pinkle watched the sunlight filter beneath the door, his small eyes wide and blurry, and his limbs trembling.
The shouts grew quieter.
Flin gripped his knife until his knuckles turned a painful yellow. The air settled around them, and all was still for a moment.

A shadow fell across the door.
"I hate the word 'Truce'. It means 'Fun's over'." ~My little sister

Reviews: 1
Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:57 pm
Rasi says...

The village was destroyed, and all fell silent when they layed eyes on Galina and the an unkown man, this man had an air of power, a feeling of defeat surrounded all surviving Dashuben. Errol was carring him on his back, and he quickly dismount soldiers running ahead to kill all Dashuben left in the camp. .

Galina laughed " A small victory Errol, find out how many survived." Galina caught of few of the soldiers and went to look for survivors hiding in the village. The king soon mounted one of the mens horses, to ride back to their kingdom.
I would rather you hate me, than love me.
If you never really know me.

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:54 pm
Dark Lordess says...

Seyla wiped her knife clean. She'd just finished "disposing" of a few of the Dashuben stragglers. They'd all scattered when Galina and the man had appeared. She helped herself to their belongings before heading back towards the village. The man was gone, but Galina and a few of the soldiers remained.

Seyla watched them from the shadows, unsure whether or not to expose herself. Galina had said she was welcome if she swore allegiance to the king. Ha! She swore allegiance to no one, especially not a king that wasn't even hers! She slunk farther into the shadows to wait.
If you have to ask me why I write, you would never understand...

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:15 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Elain appeared out of the shadows on Galina's right, making her jump twitchily.

"Thank you for sending a messenger," said Galina, once she had relaxed slightly, staring at the elf, who was much shorter then herself. Elain stared at her, unblinkingly. It was actually very unnerving. Wishing that Elain would turn her iron gaze away, Galina addressed one of the wooden-flesh messenger birds.

"Please take the following to the king, my father..."

Looking out over the small crowd in front of her, she raised her voice and began to speak.
ohmeohmy

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:21 pm
Rasi says...

Galina stood up to speak to the crowd of survivors. " Do not be discouraged this is a small victory for both sides. I ask that you all come with me and join the King, in the mountains that we can plan our next move in advance." Galina stepped down, and told Elain to follow her.

“ About that message you sent earlier… The king is not your father, he is your cousin is he not?” Elain looked up at Galina completely confused.

“The king you know, is not my father, but another is. His armies will be joining us soon, he is the lost king I am sure you have heard stories have you not?”
Last edited by Rasi on Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

280 Reviews

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:34 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

((((((((((????? What are you playing at, Rasi??)))))
ohmeohmy

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:35 am
Rasi says...

sorry ignore my last post I will change it... I didnt see yours there Baroness....... U must have postedright before me

280 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:03 am
Nutty says...

back in the building, Flin was enraged.
These humans had first destroyed his family, now his home, and now they were coming for him.
Outside, he could here the survivors gathering, but he and pinkle were kept inside by a lone enemy.
Pinkle stood up straight, his toolbag in hand, looking as defiant as he could.
Suddenly Flin snapped.
He ducked down, rushed fowared and stabbed the man in the gut before he could react.
Pinkle looked as if he would throw up.
"Come on."
Flin ran outside to join the others without looking once at the body on the floor.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.
— Captain Jack Sparrow