z

Young Writers Society

Untitled #3

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:15 pm
Monki says...

We sat outside, just talking. We were sitting in that old field that we used to meet at as teenagers. When we were younger, the field was covered in a variety of flowers, grass, and even insects. Now, sitting here with him, it feels completely different. It feels like a different feeling, towards a different man, in a completely different place.
"So," He starts casually, "how have you been?"
"I've been okay. Nothing to write home about. What about you? I bet you have a beautiful wife and that daughter you've always wanted." I try to sound happy, when really I'm shriveled up and dying on the inside. I can't play this happy-for-you-even-though-someone-else-got-you-even-though-I-still-secretly-love-you-role anymore. "Actually, no, "He answers. "I've really missed someone else. She's the reason that I've never been through more than one relationship in my life. She's the reason that I haven't dated any other woman since our high school prom." I smiled and he smiled back.

Okay, again, I know this seems corny, but with your help, I can turn it around. Thanks guys! :)
Last edited by Monki on Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:15 pm
Blue Fairy says...

hi

'It feels like a different field with a different feeling-with a different guy'

this doesn't really make sense.
What about something like- A different feeling towards a different man in a completely different place.

nothing to write home about

You lost me there.

On the other hand it really sets a nice scene and the last few lines are worded well. I would give this 8 out of 10 :D

Hope I helped

from *Fairy*

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:23 pm
Monki says...

Wow! Thanks! Lol. Personally, I rate it a 5/10. And it's my own story. But, thanks again. :)
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

I *do* like flipping tables.
— Faye Whitaker, Questionable Content