z

Young Writers Society

Black Bird

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:07 pm
tawnydaily says...

(This is my first poem on here and I really don't know what I am doing :) )

Black bird,
why do you cry?
In my head,
i wounder why.

Black bird,
you sing so sweet
But inside you're head
You have been beat.

Black Bird,
why do you cry?
Black bird in me
Why did you die?

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:19 am
kaylamarie004 says...

I must say, this isn't my favorite because it needs alot of work. The first stanza
Black bird,
why do you cry?
In my head,
i wounder why.

I think you meant "wonder" instead of "wounder". Obviously you need to work on your own grammar checks before you publish; but no hard feelings, just trying to help you out here.

One thing i noticed is, while reading this poem, it kind of gave me the idea that you wasn't really sure what you were talking about or what you were trying to let the reader see beyond your words.

I think you should write a rough draft on a piece of paper or whatever you feel comfortable with. That way you can do a spell-check and read the writing over and over again until you, yourself, know what your trying to say and explain in clearer meanings what you want us viewers to know.

You don't want your reader confused, you want them to understand how you feel so they will be admired by your work.
- Kayla

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:24 am
davantageous says...

Nothing more than an amazing poem. nothing needs to be changed for this to be better. I understand everything said and can identify with what you said. This is talent and i will follow your work from now on, just based off of what i just read. Great flow and creativeness with the symbol of a black bird.

Black bird,
why do you cry?
In my head,
i wounder why.

Capitalize the "i" at the beginning of the fourth line; change "wounder" to "wonder"
Davantageous

If I were a girl in a book, this would all be so easy.
— Jo March