Young Writers Society

Milk and Honey

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:13 pm
Elena_Ravenhill says...

Love is sweet, like milk and honey.
Its’ warm sensation that sends chills down your spine,
Just like your embrace when you hold me at night.
Milk and honey, just like the sweetness of honey, softness of the milk, just like in your kiss.
Sweet and yummy, is something that I can’t miss in a cold winter night.
I always need my cup of warm milk and honey.
You’re my sweet love, just like my warm cup of milk and honey.
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and
some have greatness thrust upon 'em.

Twelfth Night - William Shakespeare

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:39 pm
annaseale1998 says...

Warm cup of milk and honey - yuck! Good poem, sweet like honey :) I like how you repeated the words 'Milk and honey'. Short and nice, and made me smile. I wish I could give you a better review, but there's not much I could improve on! No mistakes as far as my eye can see, but I don't really care about that. Nice poem.
-Anna
"For whether a place is a hell or a heaven rests in yourself, and those who go with courage and an open mind may find themselves in Paradise." - Eva Ibbotson (Journey to the River Sea)

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:36 pm
Amberchelli says...

awe, this is really cute, i'd love to see it become a little more longer, and a little bit of emotion, but i still do like it alot, and i think you have great potential.
**Lifes not about playing it safe, its about taking risks, because you never know what you'll find, and living every day to the fullest, because it will never be repeated**

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:39 pm
View Likes
paintingtherain97 says...

I like this. I thought it was nice, in a cutesy Hallmark-ish way. But it was a bit redundant at times. You say "just like" a lot, so I suggest you switch a few of the similes with metaphors to solve this problem. Also, you might want to separate it into two or three stanzas to make it more organized. Other than that, I really like the idea of it. Milk and honey is a good comparison, and there is some obvious emotion that the poem captures, of love. Anyway, good work and keep writing. I look forward to reading more from you. :)
"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known..." A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens.

I don’t really say anything quotable. Or anything at all on most days. I just quietly listen.
— KateHardy