Five Poems that Start With S - Snow

3 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 790
Reviews 42
Snow

Snow is very controversial topic.
Some people hate it and some people love it.
Of course there are the ones,
Who take it as it is.
It’s cold and wet,
Yet think of all things we can do with it!
We can make igloos to play hide-and-seek.
Throw snowballs at the passing neighbors.
Even make snow cones out of it!
It’s a very delicious treat,
As long as it’s not yellow.
But I wonder,
How does the grass and the trees feel?
They get covered with it for great long periods of time with this cold wet thing.
If one were to ask,
I bet they’d say they feel grateful,
For this thing that covers them.
They get to sleep all winter long.
And when spring and summer come,
They awake all refreshed!
So don’t worry about the trees and the grass my dears.
For they are the ones’ who love the snow.
May all your bacon BURN! ~Calcifer "Howl's Moving Castle"




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 1305
Reviews 170
Snow is very controversial topic.
Some people hate it and some people love it.
Of course there are the ones,
Who take it as it is.
It’s cold and wet,
Yet think of all things we can do with it!
We can make igloos to play hide-and-seek.
Throw snowballs at the passing neighbors.
Even make snow cones out of it!
It’s a very delicious treat,
As long as it’s not yellow.
But I wonder,
How does the grass and the trees feel?
They get covered with it for great long periods of time with this cold wet thing.
If one were to ask,
I bet they’d say they feel grateful,
For this thing that covers them.
They get to sleep all winter long.
And when spring and summer come,
They awake all refreshed!
So don’t worry about the trees and the grass my dears.
For they are the ones’ who love the snow.


I have a problem with this poem. The first line sounds like a adult, then till "As long as it's not yellow." it sounds like a child. A child describing snow. You have no emotion, just saying what it is, what it taste like, what you can do with it, and what it looks like. Then in the second half you pull out an entire new idea. Of how snow effects what it lands on. But then you loose you point about the snow. Honestly, this poem just needs a lot of work, but your writing as potential.

- Boo
Milestiba uzvar visu, Milestiba ir upuris.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 374
Reviews 165
helloo :)
I'll be your reviewer for today :D I am not really good at reviewing..but I am going to try anyway! XD
This poem puts a smile on my face. I actually like how the first lines sound like they come from an adult and the rest sounds like it comes from the child :) The poem has something sweet and innocent to it..and I like that!
Just a little thing:
Snow

Snow is very controversial topic. I think it would sound better if you'd write: 'a very'
Some people hate it and some people love it.
Of course there are the ones,
Who take it as it is.
It’s cold and wet,
Yet think of all things we can do with it!
We can make igloos to play hide-and-seek.
Throw snowballs at the passing neighbors. This line made me crack up XD
Even make snow cones out of it!
It’s a very delicious treat,
As long as it’s not yellow.
But I wonder,
How does the grass and the trees feel?
They get covered with it for great long periods of time with this cold wet thing.
If one were to ask,
I bet they’d say they feel grateful,
For this thing that covers them.
They get to sleep all winter long.
And when spring and summer come,
They awake all refreshed!
So don’t worry about the trees and the grass my dears.
For they are the ones’ who love the snow. It feels like this last line is missing something, but maybe that's just me..perhaps change it a little?


But other than: nice work! I enjoyed reading this sweet poem :)
-qaralynn-
"If they can't be with you at your worst, then they don't deserve to be with you at your best."
-Murtuza-

"Even though a ship won't sink at sea, it needs to be steered to get home."



The day, which was one of the first of spring, cheered even me by the loveliness of its sunshine and the balminess of the air. I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, revive within me. Half surprised by the novelty of these sensations, I allowed myself to be borne away by them, and forgetting my solitude and deformity, dared to be happy.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein