Slight Smiles

4 posts
User avatar
Gender Male
Points 1040
Reviews 16
Slight smiles
Come at first sight.
A simple beginning,
Polite gestures amongst
Strangers.

Slight smiles
A feeling of light.
A halcyon introduction,
To reduce the
Danger.

Slight smiles
Are found on everyone.
Viewed from a distance,
To restore
Reassurance.

Slight smiles
Hide the read reason.
Yet they give off a plea,
You could call it
Subliminal.

Slight smiles
Attempt to renew hope
To find a friend.
It's the least
Criminal.

Slight smiles
Are portals to others.
Don't deceive them,
For they are secretely
Delicate.

Slight smiles
Last for a second.
A second I examine,
But I always return the
Slight smiles.
Last edited by OptimismUnderRain on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 1946
Reviews 53
I liked this poem. :) The repetition was well done and adds to the feel of the poem. I'm torn between the last and third last stanzas as my favorites. Overall, I don't have much to say, besides it's very well done. And, well, you taught me a new word (Halcyon, I like it.).




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 940
Reviews 11
I must agree that the repetition is well done. The one thing that didn't work for me was the stanza-

Slight smiles
Hide the read reason.
Yet they give off a plea,
You could call it
Subliminal.


I don't know if the last line works. Overall, very good work. I look forward to more of your writing.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 374
Reviews 165
helloo
I absolutely love this poem!! This puts a smile on my face :)
I don't have any criticism for you..I'm just gonna quote my favorite parts XD:

I love how you started! beautiful..
Slight smiles
Come at first sight.
A simple beginning,
Polite gestures amongst
Strangers


This is totally true :)
Slight smiles
Are found on everyone.
Viewed from a distance,
To restore
Reassurance


Beautiful ending!
Slight smiles
Last for a second.
A second I examine,
But I always return the
Slight smiles.


Great write, love it!
-qaralynn-
"If they can't be with you at your worst, then they don't deserve to be with you at your best."
-Murtuza-

"Even though a ship won't sink at sea, it needs to be steered to get home."



When your heart gets pierced with arrows, don't rip them out and pierce those around you in retribution for your hurt. You'll only unnecessarily wound others and bleed to death yourself.
— LadyMysterio