His name was Eben.

3 posts
Random avatar
Gender None specified
Points 300
Reviews 0
He died today.
17 December 2009
Eight days before Christmas.
He wasn't a lover or even really a friend, just someone I know, knew.
I don't even know how old he is, was.
Death is a peculiar thing.
Tears flow for him, this child that I knew, but didn't really know.
Just a friend's little brother, of no interest or concern.
And now he's gone.
Forever.
I haven't even seen him for years.
I still remember him as the child I once went to school with.
Moody, prone to temper tantrums, full of life, hope, future.
Ended by cancer.
He was only a child.
What kind of God are you to take the life of one so young and full of promise?
His name was Eben.
He wasn't a lover, family, or even really a friend, just some boy that I knew.
He died today.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 4123
Reviews 28
I'm so sorry. I haven't experienced a very big death in my life, (knock on wood) except for my dog who died of cancer, and my great great grandmother. This was a very good poem, very good dedication, even though it was sad. I never think about the significant deaths that happen each day, I just think of it as a day without homework. My heart goes out to you, and I am again, so sorry.
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not
-Kurt Cobain




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 15394
Reviews 1464
Hey there,

I can't say that this stood much ground in the ways of poetry; I'm sorry for your loss-- if this was a personal reflection, and writing is a good way to let some of that out. I think the dedication of this is good, but to become a poem it needs more elaboration on poetic grounds.

Again, sorry for the tragedy. Keep writing. :) If there's anything I can do, let me know.
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter



Why should Caesar just get to stomp around like a giant while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar, right? Brutus is just as smart as Caesar, people totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar, and when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody because that's not what Rome is about! We should totally just stab Caesar!
— Gretchen Wieners