Vieille Âme, Jeune Coeur

2 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2280
Reviews 13
1.

In Spain,
I favoured white
to make up for
bloodstained hands.

And on a day
spent in high heels;
I made my way
down a marble staircase
to meet the man who would
leave me speechless
as his bullet hit my lungs.

2.

In Montreal,
I spent a lifetime being
"the other woman."
I never felt shame
as I loved him more intensely
than any man I’ve ever known.

Over the years,
we left hotel rooms
scattered with:
books of poetry,
scribbled love letters,
emptied crêpe containers;
wrinkled sheets,
cracked headboards,
newspaper articles;
honeycombs,
eggshells,
and lilies.

3.

In India,
I was born Eshana.

I spent many years
numb to my senses
and lost in a world
of meditation.
Until the day
that I crossed the border
and learned
my name and status
did not have to
dictate my future.

4.

In church,
a priest taught me
what the hands of God
really felt like.

I spent years on
bent knees,
silent prayers,
and shifting glances.

5.

In France,
I made men stir
by writing anonymous,
provocative,
letters
and leaving them
in random mailboxes.

Singlehandedly,
I made Paris
the city of love.

6.

In Hamilton,
I spend a moment
looking at a pet rabbit.

Whose soul I recognize,
although I can’t remember
which lifetime he’s from.

7.

Here,
I spend every waking minute
trying to make you realize
what you have
and what you could lose
As days go by,
I see you losing it more and more.
Last edited by xKelle_Bellex on Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 5214
Reviews 150
This is a quite beautiful poem. I don't think you should name it Untitled. When it's untitled, it's a bit vague and a bit...prentenious. Since this is about traveling or nine lives or something related, you should do something to clarify confusion.

I liked it. Well done

Grade: B- (Points taken off for the title)
And we'll be a dream...

"Dee Dubbleyou." - BigBadBear



I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good... then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor - such is my idea of happiness.
— Leo Tolstoy