i really really like this poem, you know. I mean, despite its length or rather lack thereof, you really made it work. I don't think it would need to be any longer, because it seems that you fit everything you meant to say in these eigth lines, and you did it very well.
I must admit, however, that the second stanza seems better than the first. The first just doesn't flow as nicely, plus there seems to be a mistake, at least I think so.
"That silver 'scrapers grand"
well, i think it should be "those silver 'scrapers grand", just simple number agreement that you seem to have missed. And then, I can't say I like the use of the word "or" in the fourth line of the first stanza, but then again, I myself can't think of another way to put it, i just don't think it sounds quite right.
The second stanza was fantabulous, though. So true, and all though you didn't go into terrible detail about all the beauty of God's creation, (which could have taken quite a while), you summed it up nicely, and consicely.
"But what are they compared to pines...?" That was my favorite part. Immediately I got a picture in my mind, so even just one word - pines - is great imagery the way you used it.
So yea, great peice, i really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for the great read!
"Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody." ~ the catcher in the rye
"Man needs music, literature, and painting--all those oases of perfection that make up art--to compensate for the rudeness and materialism of life." -Fernando Botero
For in everything it is no easy task to find the middle ... anyone can get angry—that is easy—or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy; wherefore goodness is both rare and laudable and noble. — Aristotle