i was alone

4 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 171
I was alone,

until your whispers reached me through the wind.

I was a lone-wolf,

until you gently joined my pack.

I never imagined that someone
so... special
could fill my footsteps
trace my shadows
and follow my path.

I always imagined that I
would prowl the world
never settling
never sticking to one place,
I had no intentions of staying.

I was too scared
too vulnerable
too selfish
and now you've changed my world around.
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself. - Peter O'Toole




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 890
Reviews 23
lexy wrote:I was alone,

until your whispers reached me through the wind. (love this part!)

I was a lone-wolf, (nice imagery)

until you gently joined my pack. (like the wolf imagery)

I never imagined that someone
so... special (this space is to make us think you're thinking of a word that is suitable right?)
could fill my footsteps (like it!)
trace my shadows
and follow my path.

I always imagined that I
would prowl the world (wolfy imagery, yay)
never settling
never sticking to one place,
I had no intentions of staying.

I was too scared
too vulnerable
too selfish (cool)
and now you've changed my world around.



is this about me???
Lol, I like it. How you have conjured yourself or your narrator into a wolf......


well done hun.

patrick xxxxxxxx
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 566
This is a really lovely poem lexy! And Patrick has picked out the wolf imagery so i wont go over that again. I think this is a very nice peice of work and there is not much you need to improve upson, i enjoy reading your stuff and i hope you post more!
Bag.

Got YWS?




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 171
thanks so much xxxx
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself. - Peter O'Toole



Maybe what most people wanted wasn't immortality and fame, but the reassurance that their existence had meant something. No matter how long... or how brief. Maybe being eternal meant becoming a story worth telling.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality