z

Young Writers Society

A Question...

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:00 am
MKate says...

I'm a newbie on the YWS, :D, and I've been looking around at all the forums and enjoying reading the questions people ask and seeing everyone's answers.

One of the things I usually see on the forums is the following: "NaNoWriMo"

And my question is...

What is "NaNoWriMo"?!!
"Don't say 'the old lady screamed'- bring her on and let her scream." -Mark Twain

Writing is like traveling- you never know what's going to happen until you get there.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:24 am
Kamas says...

NaNoWriMo is during the month of November, through the entire month people far and wide challenge themselves to write I believe 50,000 words of a novel. It's quite the challenge but a rewarding experience, though the writing itself doesn't turn out very good.

:D I hope that answers your question.

If you have anymore questions you can PM anytime.

Kamas
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:46 am
Rosendorn says...

Kamas got it right. ^^ The full name is "National Novel Writing Month" which is shortened to "NaNoWriMo" or "NaNo."
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:49 pm
MKate says...

Wow, I had no idea! What a cool contest- I think the most I've ever written in anything was a lousy 10,000 words. :lol:

Thanks for telling me, that lifts the mist somewhat!
"Don't say 'the old lady screamed'- bring her on and let her scream." -Mark Twain

Writing is like traveling- you never know what's going to happen until you get there.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:50 am
ButterFlyInk says...

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/whatisnano
this link should explain everything you need to know :)

and welcome to YWS MKate, I hope you like it here. :D
["DD:why are you wearing 2 hats? GM: because i have 2 hats!" XD ]

"my mind isn't working properly..and so my fingers are following the trend." ~ Me

In the winter months, snowstorms and rainfall in the Patagonian Ice Fields can drastically affect the landscape. Worsened by heavy winds, such storms can reduce visibility and lead to glacial calving, ice collapses, and avalanches. During these conditions, travel is not advised.
— The Documentarian