z

Young Writers Society

I need a place to put this

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:32 am
omgafilangi says...

About five months ago I got an idea for a story. I wasn't sure how long I was gonna make it, I just knew I wanted to write it. Anyways, I wrote the first chapter and got sort of sidetracked by life, so I abandoned it. Today I was clawing my brains out trying to write something, ANYTHING, and I remembered the story, so I think I'm gonna oick it back up again and turn it into a novel/novella. It's about a teenage girl who lives in a trailer park who was impregnated and abandoned by her last boyfriend, and now lives with her mom who takes care of the baby while the girl goes to work at a Wal-Mart. There is obviously going to be more to it than that, involving the relationship between the girl and her mother, the girl and a new love interest, etc etc. All together like this, it kinda sounds really utterly depressing....I promise it won't be though!!

Anyways, thoughts on this? I mostly just put this here so I would have it in my mind all the while I write it.
NaPoWriMo

The purpose of life is to fight maturity
-Dick Werthimer

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:25 pm
Rydia says...

I think it sounds good and I'd like to hear more of the plot. Would the father of the child be featuring in it much? And how old is the girl?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

66 Reviews

Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:27 pm
omgafilangi says...

The girl is going to be areound 17-18. And the father...well he's going to play an interesting role in the story, let's say.
NaPoWriMo

-Dick Werthimer

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:18 pm
Sam says...

Oh, I would totally read it--especially if it were funny and slightly cynical. Anything that takes a deeper look at Wal Mart would totally get my vote. XD Tell me if you get to work on it!
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

66 Reviews

Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:03 pm
omgafilangi says...

So I've started the project...sort of. I'm having trouble finding time to write it with everything thats going on in my life right now, but I do have a somewhat solid start goin here. I know this isnt that much to report, but its sadly all I have =/
NaPoWriMo

-Dick Werthimer

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:21 am
chocoholic says...

I would definetely read it, it sounds just like what I read and write.

I'd love it if yoou could tell me when you start putting it up, because I'd really love to read it.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

You must believe in free will; there is no choice.
— Isaac Bashevis Singer