z

Young Writers Society

Rory Legend

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:13 pm
RoryLegend says...

My name is Rory Legend. I am looking for someone to help me write (and actually fnish- for once) a story. Prefferably soemone who is a guy or can give a guys point of view. Of course i don't necissarily have to write my story line i wouldn't mind going with someone else's story line i just have never actually finished a story and am thinkin maybe i should try writing with someone else.. have someone else to bounce ideas off of. PM me or reply back to this idk.. i guess if you kind of want to see my writing styles look in the storybooks under Who Dun It and A Normal Highschool

much appreciation! :D
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:27 am
Cade says...

Well, we're all here to help you out. I'm not much for prose, but do you have any ideas right now?

You could try re-writing a classic story in your own style. There are lots of ways to get inspired. Go to an art museum and write a story about a painting, sculpture, or photograph, for example.

In the meantime, read a lot!

Good luck!
-Colleen
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:05 pm
PerforatedxHearts says...

Um, I'm a bit skeptical [pardon me] about the whole co-writer's thing. There's never a quick and easy way out of writing, and it's usually just as hard with two writers on one project.

I think I'll skip on the cowriting part, but just wanted to let you know that we're all here for you. I'll be able to support you the entire part of the writing journey. It's sort of a lonely road, but you've got great editors over here willing to critique your work for you, and not write for you.

Read. Go to museums. Sit in a cafe and look at others, try to imagine what they're talking about. If you're looking for inspirations go to "The Pocket Muse", an awesome book. Observe, and lastly, be openminded and renew your curiosity in the world.
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

But even the worst decisions we make don't necessarily remove us from the circle of humanity.
— Wes Moore, The Other Wes Moore