z

Young Writers Society

The Priceless Bounty

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:26 pm
Cuni says...

I just finished this science-fiction story, The Priceless Bounty, and I'm thinking maybe I'll do something with it. What do you think? Worth a try? Read it and tell me!
"They are like scarecrows form a watermellon plantation. Do not fear them, for they can't do you any harm, and no good either".

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:00 am
Cade says...

Hey Cuni! I took a look at your story; I generally stay away from science fiction. Not my thing.

If you have something you think is worthwhile, get it out there! There a loads of contests, for young writers or adults, that you could enter, or magazines you could submit to. Sending your writing out, even if to certain rejection, is an important part of being an experienced writer.

Just make sure you check your story carefully. I noticed a few spelling/grammatical errors in it (I'd be happy to go over them if you send me a PM). One thing you can do is have a teacher or friend read it; others will often catch mistakes reading your work for the first time that you'll miss.

Great job!
-Colleen
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:03 am
Kylan says...

Cade is absolutely right. If you like it, get it out there. It has promise, but as I've said, needs something more.

-Kylan
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:22 am
Cuni says...

Thanks, guys.... I kinda decided's not going to happen...
Thanks anyway
"They are like scarecrows form a watermellon plantation. Do not fear them, for they can't do you any harm, and no good either".

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:45 pm
snap says...

The only way it's not going to happen is if you decide not to give it a go. You never know until you try. But, that's entirely your decision. :)
The beautiful part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon.
~ Robert Cormier

So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookcase on the wall.
— Roald Dahl