z

Young Writers Society

The Perfect Name

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:00 pm
Lilith says...

Names are litteraly the hardest part about writing because I've heard them all. I have a character named daphne. The name is so fitting for her personality but with the time period it just doesn't feel right.

I can spent hours on Behind the Names looking for a suitable name but nothing pops up.

Help.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:03 pm
View Likes
Via says...

I don't think this is the proper place for this....perhaps Character Development would be better?

But, I can't move things here...*awaits a mod for this thread*
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:13 pm
Emerson says...

20,000 Names

Amazing site. They have names organized by country, then by gender. They also have "special categories" and give you the meaning/origin of the name. (Though has never mattered to me.)

But yeah, this doesn't go here. Next time read the description of the section you are about to post in.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:49 pm
View Likes
JC says...

Well, what's the time period like? What's she like, all those kinds of things can help you find the perfect name. Or you can go to the 2000 names thing Claudette mentioned.

=D

-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ding!
— spearbass