z

Young Writers Society

Kill my imagination

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:49 am
Fan says...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
Sorry, I had to do that. After a week of continuous movie watching and computer gaming my old nemesis has returned, tardiness. I tell myself that I shall write but write I do not. Instead I daydream my story for about three hours then I try to write it up but then my mind wanders. I mean, I must have 100 alternate storylines for my chaarcters who are all screaming at me to pick one and STICK TO IT!!!!! :x Especially Seth who is cofused at what he should be doing. If they were real.... *gulp*

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:40 am
Meep says...

I feel your pain. I've had a Word Document open for two hours, and I haven't even looked at it. I changed the font from the default (Times New Roman) to my personal favorite (Georgia) and changed the text size (10pt) and promptly abanonded it completely and surfed on Gaia Online instead. :D

Maybe try just writting snippets and then deciding which one you like best? (When my characters start bitching, I remind them whose boss and threaten to kill them off in the next installment/chapter/paragraph.)
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:49 am
Writersdomain says...

I feel your pain. :(

As Meep suggested, write snippets - write the things you are interested in until you have enough determination to write the more gritty stuff. Write down ideas, pieces of dialogue and start weaving them together. Anything to keep you immersed in your story.

Well, I hope it gets better; it is so awful to feel like you can't write anything.
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

It is a happiness to wonder; it is a happiness to dream.
— Edgar Allan Poe