128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:53 am
Galatea says...

Wow...my faves, in this order

The Chinese
The Celts/very early Ireland
Renaissance Japan (11th century)
I know it doesnt count...but I'm fascinated by Renaissance Europe, specifically Italy and England
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:23 pm
Firestarter says...

The Romans and the Celts. Though, depending on what you define Ancient, I'd also include the Vikings, the Saxons, the Danes and the Normans.

Okay, you caught me. Anyone who was involved in the History of Britain.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:42 am
Supermal says...

I don't know that much about many, but so far my favourite has been Rome. I love how everything worked with them. Except for perhaps the whole Gladiator thing, but I can easily just ignore that. :D
~Michelle~
Who needs friends when you've just bought a brand new pen?

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:19 pm
Writersdomain says...

I would say that I like the Celts, Romans, Greeks and a lot of the ancient English civilizations
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:25 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

I like the ancient chinese because the whole honour thing, plus I'm interested in the style of clothing they wore. I'm also into the Italien Renaissance (sp - I can't think straight so I can't spell sorry) and the greeks. The greeks because of the mythology, I'm really into all of the myths about their gods and goddesses and the Italien because again of the fashion, I loved the noble style dresses.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:19 pm
Areida says...

Firestarter wrote:The Romans and the Celts. Though, depending on what you define Ancient, I'd also include the Vikings, the Saxons, the Danes and the Normans.

Okay, you caught me. Anyone who was involved in the History of Britain.

Have you read Bede's Ecclesiastical History of the English People? I read it in Omnibus class last semester and if you are into Britain you'd like it. I think it starts from when Julius Caesar comes in but I'm not sure how far it covers.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:21 pm
Firestarter says...

Never. Though I'll certainly note it down. I'm into Britain, because I live there.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:24 pm
Areida says...

It can be rather dry at parts but I enjoyed it (unlike most of my classmates) because it was really informative.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:01 pm
Kay Kay says...

Ancient Egyptian cuz I think the mummies and pyramids and all that other stuff is really enthralling. Because of this I watch The Mummy(newer version) all the time. Am I weird or what? Don't answer that. LOL!!
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:07 pm
Harley says...

I have three, in no particular order;

Ancient Egypt, because of the mummies :roll: and the architecture, and I loved learning about them last year.
The Celtics, because their artwork is really cool and I really love it.
Indian tribes,like Native Americans. They aren't ancient, but they've been around for a long time, and I love the connections with nature and stuff.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:33 pm
Zion says...

the macedonians (not the greeks lol its diffrent), the egyptians, the carthaginians, ancient china and egypt, britain scotland and ireland, and Renesance Europe.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

"Honestly, I think the world is going to end bloody. But it doesn't mean we shouldn't fight. We do have choices."
— Dean Winchester