z

Young Writers Society

Should Steve Irwin's final video be shown?

Well? Out with it.

Yea
44%
Nea
32%
Unsure
24%

Total votes : 25

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:20 am
Jiggity says...

LOL.

Regardless of the wishes of the public, its not going to be shown. Personally, I think he was playing around with the bloody thing, being his usual d***head self, probably hoping to get a rise out of it for his documentary for his kid.

It would tarnish his memory...well the one they've built up for him anyway, that of a hero.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:09 am
Pushca says...

^um, no.
Last edited by Pushca on Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:25 am
Via says...

I doubt he was being serious when he made that quote, hence 'jokingly'.

I mean, just think about it. Do you want the entire world watching you die? Um...creepy. And disrespectful, I say.

We just talked about this where a little boy drowned in a lake, and when the body was found the family asked to see him before he was taken away [the family being the parents and three siblings]. When they brought the body bag up and unzipped the top to where the little boys lifeless body was shown, a photographer managed to take a picture of it--showing the family in shock and mourning and the dead body of the little boy. It was a big controversy over whether or not this photo would run in the paper the next day. It's just not right.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:26 pm
Unrecompensed says...

I think there would be a lot of benefit from the releasing of the tape to the public. I'm sure a lot of people would recieve some closure on the whole matter, because many people loved him beyond 'that guy on telly'. But there are a lot who simply want to see the legend get what's coming to him, or simply see someone die.

But it's all small change. It's up to the family. If they wanted it releasing, they will.

But I see no harm in discussing it. So those of you who see no point in this thread, don't post in it.

- FoY
Merry Jesus-was-born Day

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:57 pm
Pushca says...

backgroundbob wrote:Personally I think it should be made into a music video with "This Ol' Heart of Mine" playing in the background.

: )
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity.
— Franz Kafka