z

Young Writers Society

Getting it all down.

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:15 pm
LadyPurple says...

I have a friend who wants to write a book, and I'm helping her with it. But she told me that she wanted to quit writing because she had all the stuff from the story in her head very vividly and can see it all in her head playing out. But she can't get it down. I've never had this problem. So I'm asking for some help from you guys.
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:05 pm
Prokaryote says...

Let her quit. Honestly, if someone loves writing, they're not going to quit for anything. This tells me her interests lie elsewhere. She probably wanted to write a book for the novelty.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:07 pm
wonderland says...

Tell her to quit. She really needs to take a break.
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

Reviews: 3
Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:17 pm
AuroraOrodel says...

Her problem is called not being a writer. The ability to get pictures in your head into words on a page that create pictures in someone else's head is what being a writer is.
"You cannot pronounce as knowledge anything you cannot demonstrate."
~Margaret Atwood

"The good writers touch life often. The mediocre ones run a quick hand over her. The bad ones rape her and leave her for the flies."
~Fahrenheit 451

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:57 pm
LadyPurple says...

I guess so. Thanks anyway.
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

There has never been a sadness not cured by breakfast food.
— Ron, Parks & Rec