Stupid Creative Writing Assignment--NEED TIPS!!!

18 posts1, 2
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 1210
Reviews 99
Nope. I keep bugging her about it though and she said because I keep bugging her she'll give them to us today.
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 1210
Reviews 99
Oh my gosh! It's been like, five months and I never gave you the guidelines! I have them here somewhere if you still want them...

*ruffles through old binder*
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 1564
Reviews 181
Tip 1: Get yourself an ideas box.

Anythign vaguely interesting - an anecdote, something you overhear, a news story - can go in it. When you've got an ideas drought, rummage through it and see if you can string a plot out of anything.

Tip 2: Use a story generator!

Doesn't YWS have one? I also recommend http://www.seventhsanctum.com: it's full of great generators. It also makes great fun!
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!



People say I love you all the time - when they say, ‘take an umbrella, it’s raining,’ or ‘hurry back,’ or even ‘watch out, you’ll break your neck.’ There are hundreds of ways of wording it - you just have to listen for it, my dear.
— John Patrick, The Curious Savage