Catchy Title

17 posts1, 2
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 5890
Reviews 280
xtenx wrote:. But the fact that the author is published at all means the book probably isn't a complete piece of crap (there are exceptions to that of course :roll:).


:coughcough"Criss Cross" coughcough: ;)

Oops. My story has swords in the title!X_X I only used it because "sword" is a term for war in a favorite story of mine. (I've changed the title of that story SEVERAL times. Started out as "A Lot Bit" because I love the sound of that phrase....bleh. I can always change it again :P )

I rely on titles a lot, too. for example, if a poem sounds emo to me (no offense to anyone), like it has "pain", "Loneliness" "sorrow" "blood" "death" "despair" "The Dark ___" or "Tears of ____" I'm about....100% less interested in it. Come on, people! It's the same way with usernames. It's a trend to give yourself a dark, creepy name that gives the image that you are in a cult, have a deal with the Lich King or have sold your soul. And I just don't get it.
ohmeohmy




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 57
What do you think about one-word titles? Like 'Audacity,' or 'Emma'?
"I hate the word 'Truce'. It means 'Fun's over'." ~My little sister



Never forget how special this site is: the older I get, the more I realize how many lonely writers there are who have only family and maybe some friends to read their works. The fact we get free critique, nightly writing pads, free contests and unlimited interaction at *no cost* with people genuinely wanting to help, can not be overstated or overrated
— Messenger