"The Game of Life"

5 posts
Random avatar
Gender Female
Points 1040
Reviews 3
We place the table
Where we see fit
But only now,
Has the game begun.

I look up to your arrogance
And see confidence in what you do.
But, for you,
All hope will soon be lost.

I place my people,
My pawns,
Who look up to me in admiration
In the middle of the board.

“A worthy sacrifice”
I say as you take them.
I only smile,
For my plan is yet from over.

“You seem to have forgotten who you’re against?”
A friend you once loved
A friend you once held
You never thought they’d be the ones to betray you.

I take the master,
The ruler of all those beneath him.
The king.
You forgot.

Your arrogance has cost you many things
But as I move my king,
To call my victory upon this game,
Your eyes search mine?
I wonder what you intended to find?

But dear friend,
This battle is not over
I will not lose to
This game of life.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 300
Reviews 0
Very emotional. Good job!
charlie




Random avatar
Gender Female
Points 1040
Reviews 3




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 3354
Reviews 111
This poem is very simple yet very intense. I dont' know how you did it, but you managed to create a poem of which I cannot describe in one word. The feeling you create is wonderful and you did a really really nice job with this. Well done and Keep writing!
"The only bad ideas are the ones never tried." - Puck, The Sisters Grimm




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 300
Reviews 0
This simple poem has great emotion behind it. I can almost feel the emotion in this poem. I really liked this. Good job!



You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...
— Dr. Seuss